Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Taco attempted theft - how to stop thieves?

Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #41
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
One of these aimed where you park the truck....

And one of these pointed in the same direction (even a fake one is effective)

Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #42
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Put a big mirror up around the truck, that way they see nothing.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #43
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Tacoma4x4 View Post
One of these aimed where you park the truck....

And one of these pointed in the same direction (even a fake one is effective)

cameras dont prevent as much as you'd like to think

people still rob banks on a daily basis
Old 10-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #44
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
agreed.

my buddy works with security film, its cool, but has downsides like everything
1 screwdriver and approx 2 seconds and that window is no longer in the truck
Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #45
Jaxjag is on a distinguished road
Jaxjag's Tacoma Gallery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_clamp

One of these got put on my friends car a while back. One might be useful to the O.P.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #46
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
kill switch coming from the main power supply maybe....but im no electrician and I didnt even read what was said
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #47
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxjag View Post

One of these got put on my friends car a while back. One might be useful to the O.P.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. A personal "Denver boot".
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #48
resident know-nothing
transplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: theo
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
Lojack! they get most back right away if they do get stolen.
the dealership i bought my truck from had an issue of people taking trucks right off the lot.. so i have a free lojack system. im sure a seasoned car theif (one that would take all my lightbulbs and ship my truck to belgium) would easily disable. you wanna know how to keep your shit? bolt it down. then shave the bolt heads smooth. pour concrete over the bolt heads, then never sleep. always watch.

fuck it man, let em steal it. its a pain in the ass, but no kill switch, dog, motion sensor light, or vigilance is going to stop someone who really wants to take what you got. thats what we pay insurance for.

though it would be nice to catch someone in the act. not sure it would be legal to shoot them here in ga.. but id pistol whip the bejeebus out of em.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #49
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Or leave a snake in yor truck just like in Gone In 60 Seconds
Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #50
resident know-nothing
transplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud of

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Or leave a snake in yor truck just like in Gone In 60 Seconds
sir, they only put snakes on planes now.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #51
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supriseaztacoma View Post
I am in the "Security World" I would agree with slmgt in saying light the thing up!!! I have a solar powered motion light on the side of my house to light up my shed I have a lot of $ in tools stored in.
If they just popped a window and somehow drove off with it, 3M as a type of window tint that in a sense turns your tempered glass into Laminated glass.. Here is a link
http://www.hylinesafety.com/3mwindowfilm.html
Cool stuff, a few hundred bucks for your windows, you can hit it repeatedly with a hammer and it will hold up!! Cool stuff..
Sorry you have to put up with crap like this, sucks..
I am in the "security world" too sorta... I deal with the physical security for our retail stores (large cell phone provider). We use that 3m film on our stores where the municipalities won't allow roll down grates. It works very well. I have a funny video saved of a burglar trying to get into our store. He takes this huge rock and does this olympic discus throw spin and chucks the rock at the glass and the rock just bounces off the window. The only times we've had that stuff fail is when it isn't installed properly. Not sure it would work as well on an automotive application because the film has to be mechanically fastened to the window frame (at least in building instances it does)
Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #52
resident know-nothing

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I am in the "security world" too sorta... I deal with the physical security for our retail stores (large cell phone provider). We use that 3m film on our stores where the municipalities won't allow roll down grates. It works very well. I have a funny video saved of a burglar trying to get into our store. He takes this huge rock and does this olympic discus throw spin and chucks the rock at the glass and the rock just bounces off the window. The only times we've had that stuff fail is when it isn't installed properly.
too bad it couldnt bounce off the window and knock his dumb ass out. i watch those top 20 wildest police videos just to see morons like that.
i actually didnt know anything about that film until this thread. thats cool shit. i always figured the bricks and stuff were bouncing off because it was lexan or plexi or something.. maaaan what i wouldnt give to see someone do that in person and get knocked the fuck out!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #53
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant View Post
too bad it couldnt bounce off the window and knock his dumb ass out. i watch those top 20 wildest police videos just to see morons like that.
i actually didnt know anything about that film until this thread. thats cool shit. i always figured the bricks and stuff were bouncing off because it was lexan or plexi or something.. maaaan what i wouldnt give to see someone do that in person and get knocked the fuck out!
I do have a video saved of another wannabe burglar who kept throwing rocks at the window and did have one bounce back at him. Haha we keep a "bloopers" folder of funny burglary videos.

I have another one from just a few weeks ago where this homeless looking dude tries to break in (a store with that film) and eventually after repeated hits using a metal pole he was able to puncture the film and tear it enough to reach his hand in to unlock the door. Keep in mind this whole process took him about 10 minutes. Right as he opens the door and starts to walk in, a police car pulls up. I LOL'ed a lot.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #54
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Well, right in line with this website - mods are actually a theft deterrent. If your truck looks just like 20 other ones on the street, it is easy to steal and get a way with it. If yours is painted different or have different bumpers etc. it is easy for law enforcement to spot it.
(Some mods like spinners on a caddillac parked in the inner city does not qualify as a deterrent)

Back in the eighty's BMW brought out a new model - 850i. One of them was imported to South Africa and got stolen ( I guess the thieves did not realize it was the only one in the country) They were caught within an hour.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #55
resident know-nothing

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I do have a video saved of another wannabe burglar who kept throwing rocks at the window and did have one bounce back at him. Haha we keep a "bloopers" folder of funny burglary videos.

I have another one from just a few weeks ago where this homeless looking dude tries to break in (a store with that film) and eventually after repeated hits using a metal pole he was able to puncture the film and tear it enough to reach his hand in to unlock the door. Keep in mind this whole process took him about 10 minutes. Right as he opens the door and starts to walk in, a police car pulls up. I LOL'ed a lot.
i love laughing at stupid people. they make my bad days better haha
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #56
candypaintdrip1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
candypaintdrip1's Tacoma Gallery
Watched a Homeboy walking down my driveway with a flash light last night, I think he wanted my bike. Great now Im paranoied as hell, he took off when the dog started barking
Old 10-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #57
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Install a kill switch and engage 4wd when parked.
Kill switch prevents them from starting it.
4wd prevents a simple tow.
If you hear them putting it on a flatbead
And if you can't hear them putting it on a flatbed you need to not drink so much.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #58
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrefonds View Post
Hi, someone tried to steal my 2010 4 door 4X4 truck yesterday. My 2009 was stolen from my driveway 12 months ago. Does anyone have an idea how to make the truck theft proof?
I do not want to lose this truck!

Thanks!
Its called wealth redistribution.... suck it

But seriously install secondary alarm with remote and run it in quiet mode.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #59
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I installed one of these after my truck got broken into.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_161409-52757...ghts&facetInfo=

these lights a fucking BRIGHT! they light up my entire yard, driveway, and clear accros the street.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #60
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07DCSB View Post
4WD won't stop anything if they're smart enough to put the truck in neutral....
Yes but alarm goes off if they open door or brake window.