Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Taco attempted theft - how to stop thieves?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Pierrefonds is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Pierrefonds's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Taco attempted theft - how to stop thieves?

Hi, someone tried to steal my 2010 4 door 4X4 truck yesterday. My 2009 was stolen from my driveway 12 months ago. Does anyone have an idea how to make the truck theft proof?
I do not want to lose this truck!

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Pull the battery out or unplug the ECU.

You could also improve home security or move.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
They would need the actual key to move it n to override the whole system they need time to do it....becuz of the engine immobilizer crap
Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
They would need the actual key to move it n to override the whole system they need time to do it....becuz of the engine immobilizer crap
Yeah they have ways around that junk.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Remington has a variety... oh wait you're in Canada.

Hmm, I guess you're left with being diplomatic, perhaps "I really want to keep my truck this time, so please leave it alone and go oot and aboot, yea eh?" Haha

Friendly joking aside, did they drive it away last time or did they tow it away? The advice before was good for driving it away, but for towing, you would need more of a deterrence, like a gate, cameras, and other security tools.

One of the best friends you can have to deter theft is... LIGHT

Light your truck up like a damn Christmas tree!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Yeah they have ways around that junk.
To unlock it with something keyless is simple...but to cheat the system they would need like 30ish mins...after messing with it all.

So to the OP get an alarm with a kill switch, move out or garage that bitch lol
Old 10-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
OK, my 2009 was found in Belgium so these are pros. I cannot disconnect the battery evrytime I use it. Anyone install a kill switch?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
oh yeah, forgot to add that they removed the light bulbs from the lights in front of the house. No tow truck, the police assumed that they had made a key. (Several keys machines stolen from one of the local dealers.)
Old 10-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
Even pulling the battery won't stop them if they want it, they will pull up with a flat bed and go...

If they do steal it, maybe a tracking device will get it back quick and since it's probable that the same AH is stealing in your area you may even catch a thief.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/ca...-tracking.html
Old 10-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
To unlock it with something keyless is simple...but to cheat the system they would need like 30ish mins...after messing with it all.
I doubt they it even takes that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrefonds View Post
OK, my 2009 was found in Belgium so these are pros. I cannot disconnect the battery evrytime I use it. Anyone install a kill switch?
I'm sure you could wire a switch to the fuel pump.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Someone should make a thread on theft prevention.

FYI, there is no such thing as "theft proof".
Old 10-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I doubt they it even takes that long.
They gotta know what wires to cuz that lead to the "immobilizer" sensor to make it bypass it...

(Toyota did this to mine cuz mine went to crap last summer)
Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #15
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrefonds View Post
Hi, someone tried to steal my 2010 4 door 4X4 truck yesterday. My 2009 was stolen from my driveway 12 months ago. Does anyone have an idea how to make the truck theft proof?
I do not want to lose this truck!

Thanks!
Details of what leads you to think someone was trying to steal it?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
They gotta know what wires to cuz that lead to the "immobilizer" sensor to make it bypass it...

(Toyota did this to mine cuz mine went to crap last summer)
I'm sure they have a device that mimics a key they they just bust the ignition and off they go.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #17
AZ it is a "dry heat"
supriseaztacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
supriseaztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the "Security World" I would agree with slmgt in saying light the thing up!!! I have a solar powered motion light on the side of my house to light up my shed I have a lot of $ in tools stored in.
If they just popped a window and somehow drove off with it, 3M as a type of window tint that in a sense turns your tempered glass into Laminated glass.. Here is a link
http://www.hylinesafety.com/3mwindowfilm.html
Cool stuff, a few hundred bucks for your windows, you can hit it repeatedly with a hammer and it will hold up!! Cool stuff..
Sorry you have to put up with crap like this, sucks..
Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #18
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure they have a device that mimics a key they they just bust the ignition and off they go.
Next "mod invention" create custom made kill switch that cannot bypass the immobilzer sensor

I will start next week
Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Next "mod invention" create custom made kill switch that cannot bypass the immobilzer sensor

I will start next week
Just pull the engine out every time you park.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #20
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
4 Cinder Blocks and no tires