1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 V6 2WD vs 2010 I4 2WD

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mrjoss, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Oct 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    mrjoss

mrjoss [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey friends..
    I am new in this website, I have a question maybe it was answered before...
    I want to buy this month a used (2009 or 2010) Tacoma 2WD Double cab with automatic transmission. What do you think is better for me an engine I4 or V6?. I will use the Tacoma 80% for highway travels, I have to drive 90miles everyday, thus the MPG is really important for me. I won't tow or carry a large load. Do you think that a I4 engine is enough for me?. Is the real MPG for I4 Tacoma 2WD Double cab with one passenger or maybe 2 on highway is more than 25MPG without load or towing?. Anyone has a similar experience ?.
    Thanks

2. Oct 5, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    mrjoss

mrjoss [OP] New Member

Member:
    I also would like to have any recommendation about TRD and SR5 package. Thanks again

3. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Test drive both and see what you like... personally I wouldn't get a double cab with a 4 cylinder. The V6 is capable of over 20 mpg if you keep your foot out of it. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe if you go with a TRD package on the double cab you have to get the V6.

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    If I recall correctly, the 4cyl DC is only 2011, and only for the base Tacoma, not the Pre-runner. There was no DC 4cyl for pre-2011.

As for SR5 or TRD, it's all in what you want to do or see in the truck. Also the TRD package is only for the Pre-runners, not the base Tacoma. The SR5 package is mostly convenience features over the base package. The TRD Sport adds seats, color-keyed exterior features, better shocks and 17" wheels/tires. The TRD OR adds seats, locker, shocks/springs and a few other OR things. Look through the option packages, find the differences and decide if the price is worth it to you.

BTW, I bought an SR5 and then upgraded a few items to "Sport"ify the looks (wheels/tires, grill, bumper, door handles, etc.). Much cheaper then buying the Sport package, unless you want all of the Sport items. Same could be said for the OR. Pretty much depends on if you want all the stuff in the option package, or if you want to do some mods yourself.

Products Discussed in

To Top