1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Accident help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 05RedTaco, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    KAGING

KAGING Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    just call me "KAGS"
    OC
    Vehicle:
    RED PreRunner SR5 Short Bed
    Flowmaster Exhaust 50 Series, BLHM, Toyota Tube Step & Bed Extender, Bike Rack Mount on Bed, Windows & Bug Deflector, Emblems & TRD Stickers Off, Grill Rims Caliper Drum Tube Step Painted.....
    Wow! I hope your OK! That's the most IMPORTANT. Anyway, shit happened. Money it's just money, it will come and go. First you can do now is to find out how can u got to work or maybe u have another car to use to go to work if not CARPOOL with some friends/co-worker/family (driving with 1 headlight "big NO" thats probably more ticket money). Then make money to fix everything. Insurance? I don't know about that cuz all insurance aren't the same. Believe me, I live with pay check to pay check, I often got speeding ticket (i'm stupid that's why) but thanks God i'm still surviving. Goodluck!

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    The body shop will not release the truck untill they get the $1000.00
    Yes you will have to fork it out one way or another.
    It is a tough deal anyway it goes but if you did not have insurance things could be much worse.
    Did you involve another vehicle? If so you will be paying the $1000.00 as your insurance will be fixing their car too.
    Hopefully a nice inexpensive pole or block fence.

3. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    Ivan

Ivan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, 4x4 + SR5
    Damn I think you have no choice but to pay the 1k and get your truck fixed, other option is to just drive it like that, which may cause cops to pull you over depending on how stringent your cops are in your town

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    You really need to get a free estimate to be sure there is no frame damage. If no frame damage hit pick-a-part, the colors may not match but it may help to save you a few bucks.
    And I agree, you are well over $1000. bucks from a body shop. My guess is $3100.00.

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Dude, $1000 deductible. Seriously, you cant be saving that much money by having your deductible that high. Your kinda up a creek without a paddle on this one but I reccomend you seriously consider lowering your deductible.

6. Oct 7, 2011 at 6:08 AM
    fritzthecat

fritzthecat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Auto AccCab Indigo
    I don't quite understand the problem with the insurance / credit union.
    You take the truck - which I assume is drivable from your posts - and get a few estimates from body shops. Present the estimates to the insurance adjuster which will cut you a check for the repairs minus the deductible. Then take the money and fix the truck. Where is the Credit Union even involved in this?
    At least that's how it worked with StateFarm, Geico etc when I crunched my financed car / truck.

Fritz

7. Oct 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    SilverTacoEater

SilverTacoEater Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    Wow, alot of wrecked Taco's around here lately.... TW curse? :goingcrazy:

8. Oct 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    jsmarine

jsmarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma SR5 Crew Cab 4x4
    ARB front & rear lockers ARB bull bar Warn XP9000 winch IPF lights
    You dont need to actaully pay your deductable, they will subtract your $1000 deductable from the check they will give you.

For them to ask for a check upfront, is like you owing me $10, but I owe you $100 and Im asking for the $10 before I give you $100... Its obviously easier for me to give you $90 and call it good! :)

9. Oct 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    mj918

mj918 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Meg
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Sliver
    3" Toytec Ulitmate Lift 285/70 Wrangler Duracturs 17" American Racing wheels TRD SUPERCHARGER!!! :) TRD Catback to come . . .
    Ah man, that sucks! Looks like all there is to do is save some money. I also have a $1k deductible. Thinking about lowering it though . . .

10. Oct 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    $100 deductible FTW

11. Oct 7, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    OP...I would get the parts and fix it yourself, lets just say its 2k worth of damage, you already have to spend 1 k. The insurance company pays the other 1 k, and you either get dropped.... or have to pay outrageous rates next 3 years anyway. which would be more than the 1 k they pay.

Cheaper to pay out of pocket this time with that high of a deductible.

12. Oct 7, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    mytoyo2

mytoyo2 Mytoyo2

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    va
    Vehicle:
    08tacoma4x4 5spd 4cyl
    afe cold air intake,tornado fuel miser,body armor front bumper,dual magna flow exhaust,blacked out factory rims and fender flares,baja lights,cooper ATR tires,Gforce,hood scoop,peel n seal bed cover,chrome nerf bars
    hey i got a good bumper i just took off different color but its almost new and if ur interested i got a bullbar off the same truck

13. Oct 7, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    knayrb

knayrb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    I'm sorry this happened. It's really a cheap lesson to not multi-task while driving. I could have cost you your life. I'm glad you're okay.

I would have to say that you should only have a deductible that you can afford. Don't ever bet that you will never get in an accident because in society today people don't have the integrity they use to. Next time you'll come out to the mall parking lot and someone will have smashed into you with no note left behind. You'll be stuck with the deductible even though it's not your fault.

Sack lunch, mass transit, simpler entertainment, cut back on vices, etc. You know what you have to do to save up for the repair, get it repaired right, and bank another deductible amount for next time.

Good luck.

14. Oct 7, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco [OP] Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    I will get deductible handled, its called short term loan until my tax return comes from my dad, not ideal but the best bet now.

Yes truck will get repaired right and I will try my best to get tube bumper made by avid, if Brandon ever emails me back :eek:

15. Oct 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    Rucas

Rucas 1st gen

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Vehicle:
    1st gen. 4x4
    Custom Aluminum Camper
    that must have been a crazy accident!!! It made your truck 3 years older and went from white to red.
    ..reffering to screen name.

:cool:

16. Oct 11, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    05RedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    I traded in my regular cab 08 5lug for my red 05 access cab...

The truck is at Rudy's auto body in Glendale, AZ. They are taking care of everything, plus buying primed grille and color matching it instead of chrome grille!

My ONLY out of pocket cost is the $425 for the bumper from Avid off road :D Which I am putting deposit on today!

17. Oct 11, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
  18. Oct 11, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    05RedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
  19. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Good choice but didn't you say you didn't have any money?

Just trying to help get you back on the road.

Sorry about your truck.

20. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    This is why I carry $100 deductibles.....the body shops around here won't even charge the deductible.

First thing.....take it to a body shop....BS with the guy.....see what the estimate it is and see what he can knock off the deductible.
    Some shops will let you make a couple of payments on the deductible
    All else fails....put it on a credit card.
    Not the best idea but it might be a solution

Products Discussed in

To Top