1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

turn off tire light

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mytoyo2, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    mytoyo2

mytoyo2 [OP] Mytoyo2

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    va
    Vehicle:
    08tacoma4x4 5spd 4cyl
    afe cold air intake,tornado fuel miser,body armor front bumper,dual magna flow exhaust,blacked out factory rims and fender flares,baja lights,cooper ATR tires,Gforce,hood scoop,peel n seal bed cover,chrome nerf bars
    :mad:sum ahole broke my valve stem off my truck at work the other day the garage wanted 200 bucks cause it was also a sensor pee on that rubber works fine any way to turn off the light?:confused:

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Black electrical tape.

3. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    mgbulldog

mgbulldog . . .

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    fort bragg nc
    Vehicle:
    09 dc manual
    2.5 spacers, 1.5 aal, step rail, tinted tails, blacked out badges, urd short throw.
    :rofl:

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Sensor pee?

Frank

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Well you could go in and remove the LED.. But that takes work. Or use black elec tape

6. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Depending on how badly the sensor is broken, I don't know whether this would work or not, but (others chime in here) could he have the old sensor attached to the wheel with a strap like some people do when they switch from steel to alloy wheels or vice versa?

7. Oct 7, 2011 at 5:27 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Get a strap kit, put the same sensor back into the same tire with a new regular valve stem.

8. Oct 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    mytoyo2

mytoyo2 [OP] Mytoyo2

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    va
    Vehicle:
    08tacoma4x4 5spd 4cyl
    afe cold air intake,tornado fuel miser,body armor front bumper,dual magna flow exhaust,blacked out factory rims and fender flares,baja lights,cooper ATR tires,Gforce,hood scoop,peel n seal bed cover,chrome nerf bars
    the shop threw it out i didnt wana go dumpster diveing so pee on it its just a light right?the sunsor was the metal piece just b4 the valve cap i assume i guess i could have used the 1 from the spare but i didnt wana leave my bby at the shop cant trust 2 many garages around here. I just hope i catch the sob that broke it off to start with

9. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    RainDodger

RainDodger YGWYPF

Member:
    Great Northwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 Black, TRD Sport
    None yet! It's new!
    Everybody laughs at black electrical tape... but I'll tell you. I've got an FJ and a Tacoma and I switch 3 sets of wheels and tires between them. The black tape will blend with the background of the gauges and you won't even see it... and you won't see the light either. Works just fine.

10. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    You answered your own question...pee on it!:thumbsup:

edit: Actually, the "sunsor" sits inside the wheel. If you took the one out of the spare and used it you'd still get a light on the dash...the system is set up to read all 5 sensors. If you got a replacement I believe you'd need to get it calibrated with the other 4.
    [​IMG]

11. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    saugus

saugus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Are you really this lazy^^^?

12. Oct 8, 2011 at 1:26 AM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    Did you tell them to throw away the part? They know how much those things cost and unless it was replaced at the time and everything done, or you told them they could, they had no right to throw away a sensor for your vehicle. Even if broken.......

13. Oct 8, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    mytoyo2

mytoyo2 [OP] Mytoyo2

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    va
    Vehicle:
    08tacoma4x4 5spd 4cyl
    yep they threw it out i didnt feel like getin into it with them been one of those weeks:eek:

14. Oct 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    mytoyo2

mytoyo2 [OP] Mytoyo2

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    va
    Vehicle:
    08tacoma4x4 5spd 4cyl
    lazy no just very bizzy im on call 24 7 at my main job when im not there im painting ppls vehicles or watchn all my kids

Products Discussed in

To Top