LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What's Wrong With This 2012 Tacoma?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
What's Wrong With This 2012 Tacoma?

Here is a 2012 Tacoma. This is the facelifted version that just came out. The photos confirm that it is indeed what the seller says it is - a brand new 2012. It's listed as having "1" mile.

Except there's one problem. This truck sports the old style non-LED Tacoma tailights found on Tacomas prior to 2009.

Theories?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4X4-R...ht_4667wt_1165

Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard reports of people seeing 2012's with the old style lights. Figure it's probably toyota getting rid of a surplus.

Although i'm sure its not unheard of brand new cars having spiffy new (plug & play) parts swapped out with older, lower-value ones so the seller can make an extra buck. Why would you look for brand new cars on fleabay anyway?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Well they fucked up the whole front end, for starters.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
cause it's a base model?
Our 2010 base model has the LED tails...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
dont be bitter

lulz
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #9
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Figure it's probably toyota getting rid of a surplus.
Well, sort of both on and off topic... but has anyone noticed that they are using both the first and second gen style TRD stickers on the 2012. Of all the photos posted on TW of the 2012, I would say it's close to 50/50 on sticker style.

Frank
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
2012 base models reverted to the non-LED tail lights. Toyota's way of making the SR5 look more upscale and saving a few bucks on the base model at the same time.

At least a bed mat is included.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the 2012 booklet at the dealer. The 2012 looks ok. Now have 4 D rings in bed.

Wish I had kept so I could scan some photos for you guys.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
I was looking at the 2012 booklet at the dealer. The 2012 looks ok. Now have 4 D rings in bed.

http://www.toyota.com/byt4/2012/taco...plete_ebro.pdf
Old 10-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post

No only 2 D-rings and 2 other cheap tie downs on the side of the bed near the cab.

Frank
Old 10-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Well they fucked up the whole front end, for starters.
hahahahahaha!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Well, sort of both on and off topic... but has anyone noticed that they are using both the first and second gen style TRD stickers on the 2012. Of all the photos posted on TW of the 2012, I would say it's close to 50/50 on sticker style.

Frank
Probably had a surplus of stickers as well, let's just re use those on the 2012, no one will notice
Old 10-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely cannot stand the shape of the front flares now when you follow the way it flows into the front bumper!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
SilverBullet07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
i would buy this truck and do a front end conversion to the 06-11 front end! haha that would throw people off!!! I like the interior of the new one but damn that face is ugly as fuck!!! They just took this bitches same hot body and did some fucked up plastic surgery to her face! I'd get a refund if i was her!
^^ Agreed! Couldn't say it any better.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #19
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer said you have a choice of tail lights and stickers on the 2012. Then again, he also a had a brochure for the 2012 put out by Toyota that had about half the vehicles in the pictures as 2011's.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #20
UBIQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
i would buy this truck and do a front end conversion to the 06-11 front end! haha that would throw people off!!! I like the interior of the new one but damn that face is ugly as fuck!!! They just took this bitches same hot body and did some fucked up plastic surgery to her face! I'd get a refund if i was her!
Maybe they still make those gay bras for the front of your vehicle.. the equivalent of putting a bag on her head.. as the joke goes.

Frank