Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone replaced the TENSIONER on the V belt..???

Old 10-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Mr.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Mr.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Question Has anyone replaced the TENSIONER on the V belt..???

Folks..Lookin for tips on how to..change tensioner..without much hassle. thnks

Update..found another TW mmbr(johnW) done the work with some pics here.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Get a rent a tool from the parts store, release the tension and pull the belt, let the tensionor hit the stop and unbolt it.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Get a rent a tool from the parts store, release the tension and pull the belt, let the tensionor hit the stop and unbolt it.
not that easy on the 05+ tacoma's

yeah you can do that then you'll have to un bolt the alternator and a/c compressor to gain access to the mounting bracket bolts, i haven't done it but it looks like a nightmare
Old 10-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
not that easy on the 05+ tacoma's

yeah you can do that then you'll have to un bolt the alternator and a/c compressor to gain access to the mounting bracket bolts, i haven't done it but it looks like a nightmare
Well that's lame. I was just going off of what I did to change it on my Ranger.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
Mr.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Mr.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down I gave up !!!!!!

I was under/over the truck..releasing tension and taking off belt is easy part..removed alt (easy part) A/C compressor sits on 4 bolts..removed 2 on top but 2 are at bottom and is almost impossible to access as the frame is right under it and i could not use impact or even hand wrench..tried and gave up..put it all back together to take it to a mechanic. I was quoted C$120-130 for installation..its not worth fighting over it.