Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AIR SUSPENSION LIFT?

Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
blue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
blue86gt's Tacoma Gallery
AIR SUSPENSION LIFT?

I searched for this topic but didn't find anything.

I have a 2010 Tacoma with a 3" RevTech leveling kit. I would love to go bigger for more clearance when offroading as I live in British Columbia with lots of tough mountain trails. I know there are air suspension lift kits for heavy duty trucks but is there anything out there for the Tacomas? I thought I could then raise the truck for offroading but they reduce the height for regular road travel so that the stability control doesn't engage.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Because of the IFS in the front, you can't go over 3" without a drop bracket (or sas).
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
^^ what they said

to go higher you will need either a solid axel swap (SAS)
or long travel and you will gain 4 inches of lift i believe, with more travel..
Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue86gt View Post
I searched for this topic but didn't find anything.

I have a 2010 Tacoma with a 3" RevTech leveling kit. I would love to go bigger for more clearance when offroading as I live in British Columbia with lots of tough mountain trails. I know there are air suspension lift kits for heavy duty trucks but is there anything out there for the Tacomas? I thought I could then raise the truck for offroading but they reduce the height for regular road travel so that the stability control doesn't engage.
The stability control shouldn't be affected by lift... It engages due to putting oversized tires on the Tacoma and your dealer can reset the skid control computer for the larger tires so you won't have VSC issues.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
blue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
blue86gt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks