Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2008 In Dash Satellite

Old 10-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
j84562 is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
j84562's Tacoma Gallery
2008 In Dash Satellite

Hi, I have a 2008 Tacoma. Currently I listen to Sirius Satellite Radio using a very old (7yrs?) stand alone Sportster Kit. The Sportster Reciever has a DC power connection that plugs into my cigarrette lighter for power. The antenna for the Sportster connects to the back of my Sportser reciever and then out the back of my Tacoma through the window in the back and then to a magnet on the cab hood. I get reception from the satellite wirelessly. I tune my in dash stereo to 90.1 (which I've also set my Sportster to). Then to change the satellite channels..i just turn the dial on the Sportster. I'm the type of person this is not an issue for. The wires, antenna cables, antenna on the hood, and oldness of the Sportster are really not a problem for me. Reception is not a problem for me either. I lose it on occasion but nothing to lose sleep over.

The issue is this. The sound quality is much worse from the satellite radio than it is the regular radio (if I'm not tuned to 90.1).

I really want to improve that sound quality and I have no idea how to do it. I was wondering if they make an in dash radio for my Truck. 2008. That will sort of just do it all for me, but most importantly..improve the sound quality. Improved sound quality is all I'm looking for because there are some pretty awesome music channels on Sirius.

I'm a newbie here so be easy on me.
Thank you,
Tom
Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
Ndrorder is on a distinguished road
Name: Cliff
Ndrorder's Tacoma Gallery
Tom,
Your Sirius install all depends if you have the JBL stereo with the AM-Sat button. From there and some coin, you can do what you want. I'll be putting all the parts you need except sharkfin wire up for sale in the classifieds soon.

Cliff
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I put an aftermarket head unit in my truck with an auxiliary input on the front. Then plugged my Sirius Starmate directly into the input of the head unit. Perfect sound quality.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can add a AUX input from Grom Audio that connects to the CD changer port on the back of the stock headunit for much improved sound quality.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/aux_a...e_adapter.html