Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where to Run CB Coaxial Cable?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
tdswimin8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
tdswimin8's Tacoma Gallery
Where to Run CB Coaxial Cable?

Hi Everyone, So I am installing my CB radio and my antenna is going to be on the back left bumper. Any ideas on where to get the cable into the cab? I was thinking just to pop out under the driver seat where the tow package comes in but anyone have better ideas?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
behind the rear left passenger seat there is a grommet you can remove and run it through there, wrap it around the frame (away from the suspension) and up to the bumper, use zip ties to secure it.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
I saw that grommet from the outside but I cannot find it in te inside behind the seat. Where does the grommet pop out in the cab?
Old 10-09-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdswimin8 View Post
Hi Everyone, So I am installing my CB radio and my antenna is going to be on the back left bumper. Any ideas on where to get the cable into the cab? I was thinking just to pop out under the driver seat where the tow package comes in but anyone have better ideas?

Thanks in Advance!
This is what I did. My antenna is located on the front of the bed, attached to my toolbox.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #5
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the coax into the cab from an unused grommet about 6" inboard from the B-pillar. Antenna mounted on passenger side behind the cab, wire run under the rails and into the driver's side cubbyhole, zip tied to the e-brake cable and through the grommetm under drivers seat to the center console to the CB mounted by my right leg.

Cut a + in the grommet to run the coax. Gonna seal it up w/ silicone when I get the chance.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Here is how I ran the Coax antenna cable to the antenna.

Here is the grommet that I am going to use.

I pulled out the grommet and used a sharp tool to poke a hole into it.

I shoved my needle nose pliers through the hole.

And grabbed a hold of the wire.

Slide the grommet over the wire.

Finally put the grommet back into the hole.

Its water tight and you don't have to drill any holes in your truck. Now I ran the cable under the right rear door floor panel to the passenger seat. There is already a channel with wires under that floor panel with room for 1 more wire...
Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
db your the man!!! thanks for the help everyone