Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor mats - Any alternative for 5-Speed Access Cab Tacoma?

Old 10-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor mats - Any alternative for 5-Speed Access Cab Tacoma?

Hey everyone,

I got so excited when I heard about WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats for our 2009 Tacoma, but when I went to order a 4-piece set, I found out they "don't fit" cabs with manual transmissions (WHAT?). Do any 5-speed access cab Tacoma owners have a good equally-protective alternative that they've found? I really like the low profile and extensive coverage of the DigitalFit model and would love to find something that works with the 5-speed.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Get them. You will just have to trim the mat at one corner to make room for the clutch pedal. Use box cutters or sheetmetal shears.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Get them. You will just have to trim the mat at one corner to make room for the clutch pedal. Use box cutters or sheetmetal shears.
This.

I trimmed about 1-2 inch notch where the clutch would hit. I used an exacto knife. Put them in your truck, and press the clutch down all the way and then mark how much you need to trim for it to clear.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, cool! I wasn't sure how the fit differed, but I'm glad it sounds like such an easy fix. Is that the only area that doesn't fit correctly?
Old 10-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
ee1284 is on a distinguished road
ee1284's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the only modification i did to mine.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
mikesfarm is on a distinguished road
mikesfarm's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on a 2011 access cab 5spd for 2000 miles and have not trimmed them.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Turbokanji is on a distinguished road
Turbokanji's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get some soon
Old 10-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #8

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered mine. Our clutch is insanely sensitive when turning the engine, so we may need to trim a little to allow the clutch full range of motion. At this price, HOPEFULLY not though!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Picture of where to trim, courtesy of MJonAgs32. Feel free to make the cut more aesthetically pleasing.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #11

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Picture of where to trim, courtesy of MJonAgs32. Feel free to make the cut more aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks, Ken!

Too bad WeatherTech hasn't inserted a little area that COULD be cut out, similar too how cheaper generic mats have the multiple lines that you can trim along to create a "custom" fit for each vehicle.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Crap! I have to hurry and get mine before winter comes.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I did this with my previous car. Eventually I flipped the mats over to use the rubbery side. After a year there was a ring of caked-in salt in the carpet around the the mat.

The snow, mud and salt in the winter in the northern states are harder on cars, inside and out.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #14
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the floorliners so much in my Tacoma, I ordered a set for my Subaru before I took delivery of the car. Note the rather forward positioning of the Subaru pedals:

Old 10-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #15
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I liked the floorliners so much in my Tacoma, I ordered a set for my Subaru before I took delivery of the car. Note the rather forward positioning of the Subaru pedals:

What pedals?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #16
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly. The pedals are so far forward you can't see them from this angle...
Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 AM   #18
little red will become famous soon enough

little red's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
Hey everyone,

I got so excited when I heard about WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats for our 2009 Tacoma, but when I went to order a 4-piece set, I found out they "don't fit" cabs with manual transmissions (WHAT?). Do any 5-speed access cab Tacoma owners have a good equally-protective alternative that they've found? I really like the low profile and extensive coverage of the DigitalFit model and would love to find something that works with the 5-speed.

Thanks in advance!

May just be the difference in year model but my 2006 had the Weathertech mats and manual tranny and I see no signs of any trimming
Old 10-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #19

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
We got the WeatherTech mats today and definitely needed to trim ours.

The first two pictures show the clutch getting snagged underneath the mat, and pulling the mat back up to get tangled in the clutch/brake.

The third is the cut I made with a box-cutter

The fourth is the clutch fully depressed to show clearance.

(My lovely assistant being my husband)