1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying new Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sceeter, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Oct 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    sceeter

sceeter [OP] New Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    not yet
    Hi All! I'm new to the forum, I have purchased and driven Ford Pickups for many years. I have always wanted to buy a Tacoma so I started shopping looking around today. Anyway I was curious as I wasn't sure how to deal on the sticker prices? I have purchases at least 5 Fords(all new) in the past and I always had a pretty good feel and idea how much below the sticker I could purchase the vehicles depending on the years and if the new models were coming out. The Tacoma's I looked at today were all approximately $29,000-31,000 on the sticker and they were all 2011's any input on this would be great. This looks like a really great forum you have here!

2. Oct 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    TACODACKS

TACODACKS Forging Elite Fitness

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    The Streets of America
    If they have TRD packages, that sounds about right for end of the year pricing.

3. Oct 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Toyota's are more difficult to deal on than domestics. You should be able to get about 3k off the sticker or mine and my brothers were 1k below invoice. If you are a recent college grad by chance you can get an additional 1k off for the college grad program. Within the last 2 years anyway.

4. Oct 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    KAGING

KAGING Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    just call me "KAGS"
    OC
    Vehicle:
    RED PreRunner SR5 Short Bed
    Flowmaster Exhaust 50 Series, BLHM, Toyota Tube Step & Bed Extender, Bike Rack Mount on Bed, Windows & Bug Deflector, Emblems & TRD Stickers Off, Grill Rims Caliper Drum Tube Step Painted.....
    NO! don't buy TOYOTA especially TACOMA they are Not Good. Seriously! it's SUCKS!!! Go to GMC, FORD or CHEVY and Full size truck tough . TACOMA are piece of SHIT! lol duh!!!

5. Oct 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    shreveportSS

shreveportSS Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Shreveport, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 preRunner DC TRD
    You have confused the dealers with the product....:D

6. Oct 8, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    And the TW members also. :confused: Troll or sarcastic? :notsure:

7. Oct 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    sparkhill

sparkhill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Go to TrueCar.com and look at pricing in your area. Overstock.com and USAA are both "powered by TrueCar" so the prices are the same. These are the sources for the consistently best prices. Don't forget to search dealers in zip codes slightly out of your area - sometimes you can save a lot of money. You might be able to beat these prices on your own at the end of each month but the margins are surprisingly thin once you get to (or below) invoice.

Watch out as some dealers sell at $500 below invoice but have $499 documentation fees. Others might sell at invoice with no fees. Obviously the prices are the same, but one sounds better. I think "invoice" is a pretty fair price assuming minimal dealer fees. And don't worry, the dealer still makes money selling at invoice. I don't mind them making a little money off me, I just don't want them to make all their money off me.

Products Discussed in

To Top