Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buying new Tacoma

Old 10-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
sceeter is on a distinguished road
sceeter's Tacoma Gallery
Buying new Tacoma

Hi All! I'm new to the forum, I have purchased and driven Ford Pickups for many years. I have always wanted to buy a Tacoma so I started shopping looking around today. Anyway I was curious as I wasn't sure how to deal on the sticker prices? I have purchases at least 5 Fords(all new) in the past and I always had a pretty good feel and idea how much below the sticker I could purchase the vehicles depending on the years and if the new models were coming out. The Tacoma's I looked at today were all approximately $29,000-31,000 on the sticker and they were all 2011's any input on this would be great. This looks like a really great forum you have here!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
If they have TRD packages, that sounds about right for end of the year pricing.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota's are more difficult to deal on than domestics. You should be able to get about 3k off the sticker or mine and my brothers were 1k below invoice. If you are a recent college grad by chance you can get an additional 1k off for the college grad program. Within the last 2 years anyway.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
KAGING is just really niceKAGING is just really niceKAGING is just really niceKAGING is just really nice

Name: just call me "KAGS"
KAGING's Tacoma Gallery
NO! don't buy TOYOTA especially TACOMA they are Not Good. Seriously! it's SUCKS!!! Go to GMC, FORD or CHEVY and Full size truck tough . TACOMA are piece of SHIT! lol duh!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
shreveportSS is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
shreveportSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAGING View Post
NO! don't buy TOYOTA especially TACOMA they are Not Good. Seriously! it's SUCKS!!! Go to GMC, FORD or CHEVY and Full size truck tough . TACOMA are piece of SHIT! lol duh!!!
You have confused the dealers with the product....
Old 10-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreveportSS View Post
You have confused the dealers with the product....
And the TW members also. Troll or sarcastic?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
sparkhill is on a distinguished road
sparkhill's Tacoma Gallery
Go to TrueCar.com and look at pricing in your area. Overstock.com and USAA are both "powered by TrueCar" so the prices are the same. These are the sources for the consistently best prices. Don't forget to search dealers in zip codes slightly out of your area - sometimes you can save a lot of money. You might be able to beat these prices on your own at the end of each month but the margins are surprisingly thin once you get to (or below) invoice.

Watch out as some dealers sell at $500 below invoice but have $499 documentation fees. Others might sell at invoice with no fees. Obviously the prices are the same, but one sounds better. I think "invoice" is a pretty fair price assuming minimal dealer fees. And don't worry, the dealer still makes money selling at invoice. I don't mind them making a little money off me, I just don't want them to make all their money off me.