Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how much $ to paint my bumper?

Old 10-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I'll say $200 give or take
Old 10-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
robsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robsled's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't mind me asking......
How much did you pay for the primered bumper?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
robsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

robsled's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks...
I'm in the same boat. Hate the chrome. I will probably paint it myself and save some $. I get paint from AutomotiveTouchup.com and it's a perfect match. I painted the chrome mirror caps and door handles and it looks great. Their clearcoat is the best.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #7

robsled's Tacoma Gallery
Is the paint you have in a rattle can?
I bought two rattle cans of Super White to paint my mirror caps and door handles. I put 5 coats on, building it up lightly and I only went through 1/2 a can! I would guess that the 1 1/2 cans I have left would cover the bumper. But I would get another can of clearcoat just for extra protection.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #9

robsled's Tacoma Gallery
I'm no expert painter but I think a quart would be more than plenty.
I had a 1940 Ford streetrod and had to paint the rear fender (big fender). Minimum mix was a quart and the guy painted it and handed me the leftover paint.....it was about 3/4 of a quart left!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #11

robsled's Tacoma Gallery
Funny......I'm typing this while watching the Alabama (Auburn) vs Arkansas game.
I see you're location is Alabama and I'm in Arkansas.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #13

robsled's Tacoma Gallery
ooops....corrected myself!

Ain't over yet....
Old 10-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
BIGPOPPA is on a distinguished road

Navy: Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman
Name: Jerry
BIGPOPPA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm defnitely looking into doing the whole color matched thing as well. Chrome sucks! Could you please post some pics of your truck with everything on (bridgcat)? This will be so much less expensive than trying to buy all replacement parts. Thanks.