1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grr -1 Point for the Dealership!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MI4x4Toy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Oct 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    MI4x4Toy

MI4x4Toy [OP] The slowest build EVER!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    MI
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    So, looking around under the hood yesterday and come to find a partially filled quart oil bottle stuffed under the oil filter. The taco had its 10k mile oil change/service stuff performed. I know they had it there to catch dripping oil from the oil change they performed. BUT it should have been removed before I drove off the lot.

What should be said to them about this? This could have left a mess in there...or better yet maybe melt/catch the plastic on fire during a longer trip??

2. Oct 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    Hook & Ladder

Hook & Ladder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    16' TRD Tacoma
    The project @c4_fabrication-Sliders, HC bumper w/ swing out @kb_voodoo_fabrications-Bed rack @tepuitents-RTT @cali_raised_led-Fogs, ditch lights, bed stiffeners @prinsudesign-Roof rack @kingshocks-2.5 with adjuster @totalchaosfabrication-UCA @rcioffroad-diff skid plate Follow at @wicked_overland #nacrew
    thats bull... i would call them up, tell them whats up and see what they can do for you the next time you are there..... free oil change or something.

3. Oct 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    I would let them know... However, reading some of the things dealerships have done, this seems pretty minimal, good thing no harm was done.

4. Oct 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    MI4x4Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    MI
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4

Can't get too much, I already get free oil changes/tire rotations till 35k miles/3 years? Something like that.

5. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    i would take your quart container back to the dealership (leave it where it is to show as example) talk to the same service advisor about there poor quality of maintence and lack of attention to detail. then tell them that unless this is fixed you are going to slam the dealership on the customer service satisfaction survey. after that is said and they see there screw up tell them you want to speak to the service manager if they dont get him for you allready. yelling at a service advisor isnt going to accomplish anything slamming their workmanship will get way better results... i realize the first is more satisfying to you. i just did this on tuesday for a similar screw up at the dealership.

6. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    saugus

saugus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Let it go...shit happens.:)

It could have been a lot worse. I would get on facebook and make a complaint if it real bothers you. Complaining to the dealership isn't going to do much. They are all on the same team and cover for each other.

7. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amen! They're only human..not robots! One tech probably was working on it and had to jump on to another vehicle while another tech finished what he started and forgot to remove it or wasn't aware that it was there :confused:

8. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    yeah you could let it go... and nothing will be done about it. or you can bring it to their attention and maybe people start paying more attetion to what they are doing.. i used to be a tech at Honda in portland and i have forgotten some things when being slammed... however i was lucky enough to catch them before the car went out... maybe i am just sour cause my wife took my truck in on tues for a oil change and the dealership didnt change the oil or filter..... how the hell that happens i have no idea. but all dealerships care about their surveys because they go straight to toyota hq. if you dont believe me just bring up a survey and see what happens!

9. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Very true..never really thought about it that way since I've never really been to the dealership for service with my old 02 and my current 05.

10. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Got to go with these guys ... although my train of thought has not always been aloing these lines.

No harm ... no foul.

We live in such a litigious society it gets old after a while. People are human ... mistakes happen .... accidents happen.

I am sure that no one gets up in the morning and says, "I am going to fuck with my 2nd customer after lunch because it is Friday and that type of service is expected, therefore it's cool."

At the end of the day, if neglect causes damage, the people responsible will be held accountable.

I'm sure you've got more important things to worry about ..... in the end, it is your call.

11. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    I would also do my own oil changes and stuff but since its included with the truck and doesnt cost you anything its cheaper and easier to take it in. just my .02 cents. with my issue the service manager hooked me up with my first oil change out of 25k for free. and next one at 10k will be switching to synthetic.

12. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    MI4x4Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    MI
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Well I guess I should say that I'm not looking to bash the guys, because they do tend to be very helpful. So just a polite reminder of sorts I guess is what I'm looking at?

13. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    yeah being professional is the way to go... at least just call them and tell them what happened. After what happened with my truck i will be returning to my dealership for maintence. After everything was said and done they fixed their screw up and took responsibility for it.

14. Oct 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mass.
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    If that's the worst thing that happens, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just a friendly reminder next time you bring it in should do.

15. Oct 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    THANK YOU

16. Oct 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I didn't think they still used quart bottles at the dealership ? Thought they all switched over to the drum fed hoses? Unless you hate the dealership, just casually mention it to em, they may have a worker thats not pulling his weight. It might be a big deal to me if it was left around the belts though.

17. Oct 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    SplitDecision

SplitDecision Phones Ringin Dude

Member:
    First Name:
    Haywood Jablowme
    NY
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100x4, Truxedo lo pro QT,Hid Retro,2011 painted grill,Alpine head unit,Foglight mod,NFAB steps
    OP, you should definitely sue the dealership ASAP and contact the BBB. These F-er's must pay for what they did!!!

:rolleyes:

18. Oct 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    i know we had drum fed with a gun by each bay and that was around 2000 or so... i talked to a buddy of mine who was a service manager at a toyota dealership back home and i guess some still use quarts at least thats the way it sounded.

19. Oct 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I found a very small scratch on the edge of the fender right where the oil filter is. I know the tech changing the oil did it probably with his shirt button/snap leaning to the filter. Haven't said anything, just figured it would be my word against theirs and I would lose. Like I said it's very minor, less than an inch long but too deep to buff out. :( It was about a week or 2 before I noticed it, another reason I haven't complained about it. Been over a month now.

20. Oct 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Shit happens. Be thankful nothing bad happened.

The only way to ensure that other people don't mess up your truck is to do the work yourself. People wonder how shops get work done so fast, it's not because they're superhuman mechanics. Big-fucking-hammers and impact wrenches make shit happen... just sayin'.

Products Discussed in

To Top