Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best lightbulbs? NON Retro or HID

Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #21
JustATaco is on a distinguished road
JustATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry my mistake they are ZXE's but there is nothing blue about them except the slight tinting of the bulb. These are bright white not the cool blue you normaly see from the cool blue bulbs. The picture I posted ealier are the ZXE and factory fog lights. Major color difference. Before the swap te color was the same.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #22
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
I've been pleased with the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's... however my last set only lasted about 10 months. They're warranteed for 12 months so I contacted Sylvania customer support via their web site, faxed them a copy of the receipt, and within a week received replacements free.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #23
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I used to have PIAA Xtreme White's and never had a problem with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I've got those PIAA's now, they're pretty neat. They have a blue reflection in the headlight bowls when the lights aren't on and are nice and white when they are on. The Philips Xtreme bulbs are great, I think even better than the PIAA's. The only reason I changed from them was I got hit and one of them blew out. I think the light output from the Philips bulbs was better than the PIAA's.
I had these on my '99 4Runner and they did not last long at all. Are you guys getting good life out of them?

Fink
Old 10-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #24
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
I had these on my '99 4Runner and they did not last long at all. Are you guys getting good life out of them?

Fink
Can't say yet, only had mine for a few weeks. I hope they last a while, especially after the BS you have to go through just to change the bulbs!

I'd stick with the Philips Xtremes, those seemed to be brighter and I had a set for well over a year before replacing them due to an accident. The passenger side blew from the impact, the driver side was still going strong after a year.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #25
JustATaco is on a distinguished road
JustATaco's Tacoma Gallery
None of upgraded bulbs I have tried lasted more than a year. When I had the Ultras in my Ford I ran the head lights a lot more than I do now. I was leaving early in the morning and coming home late at night so that probably shortened the life span of them. The amount of light I'm getting from these I won't mind replacing them every year. I just consider it part of the maintenance.