1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hood Strut? I slipped up

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeckel7234, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    jeckel7234

jeckel7234 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    So I ordered some hood struts from a member a couple weeks ago, i went to install them earlier and i measured from the opposite corner of the bracket, that goes on the hood. So when I drilled and riveted the bracket my hood wouldnt shut. Has any body else done this and came up with a solution. I was thinking about taking the bracket cutting and rewelding it to bring it in a little bit, but hopefully theres an easier solution. Sorry no pics, if i can in the morning ill try to take a few to describe it better

2. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Will your hood shut if you remove the strut from the bracket? Or is the bracket hitting something on the fender?

3. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    jeckel7234

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    i test shut it before i even put the strut on, its hitting part of the fender, its not of much maybe a 1/4 in, but just enough for it to not shut,

4. Oct 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM
    jeckel7234

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    i actually might move it up or down 1/4 in and re drill, i dont think that should have to much affect on opening and closing the hood, anybody know it it has to be drilled up the hood 16" exactly for C2C hood struts

5. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:55 PM
    jeckel7234

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    just in case anybody else did this, i just remeasured up the hood at 15 1/2" instead of 16" and it works great

Products Discussed in

To Top