Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Plate bumpers,skids,sliders: Heavy Weight & Performance Down?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Plate bumpers,skids,sliders: Heavy Weight & Performance Down?

I estimate after a plate bumper front/rear, sliders, and full skids, it'll be about 600-750 pounds depending on which brands I use. Wow, with all that weight AND oversize wheels/tires, this has got to really drop MPG and performance. Dang, and that's w/o passengers or anything in the bed or a trailer!

Comments....
Old 10-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Yes , they are heavy

You will not get stock gas mileage
Old 10-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Your mileage may drop. I remember reading on of the built trucks on here got the same mileage armored as he did off the lot which was 15mpg. Gears will help a lot.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I went with a tube bumper up front which evened out because i removed a few things and a all pro rear bumper out back (72lbs) . So I've gained about 37 lbs so far in the back .
Old 10-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
yep, slower, less mpg
Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
yep, slower, less mpg
Hi Gary,
Yes it's the cost of having fun.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
If you're spending money on trail armor, it's assumed you'll be hitting trails rather than drag racing, so they make the skids heavy and rugged.

if you get some gears and a supercharger it'll be less noticeable
Old 10-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 07 6sp and i put the allpro plate bumpers winch skids and rock guards and a 3 inch prerunner lift on 265/75/17s. I was getting 19.5 MPG regularly now I get 16.5 MPG after the mods regardless of how I drive. After swapping my 3 inch prerunner lift for the LT front end my MPG didnt change even offroading regularly lol
Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, a 3mpg drop is not surprising. I was wondering what other's have dropped too. If it's a DD truck, that 3mpg decrease hurts.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #10
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Yeah, a 3mpg drop is not surprising. I was wondering what other's have dropped too. If it's a DD truck, that 3mpg decrease hurts.
Yeah It really depends on what you want it to do. I figure I want to save my truck offroad from a serious beating and I'll take the 3mpg hit. it does hurt especially with our tiny tanks. im filling up all the time.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Call me lucky maybe but with my 07 armored, lifted, and sitting on 35's I could still get19hwy and 16 city with the 6 speed and v6 combo. It definitely was a bit slower though.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Call me lucky maybe but with my 07 armored, lifted, and sitting on 35's I could still get19hwy and 16 city with the 6 speed and v6 combo. It definitely was a bit slower though.
Did you re-gear? Im shitty with a manual so that is definitely a downfall. I get 16.5 highway and city it doesnt matter.