1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

glassworks fenders help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by imtwistd, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Oct 10, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    imtwistd

imtwistd [OP] Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    I need your help guys. I ordered some fenders for my truck but i cannot reach anyone at glassworks all i get is the damn answering machine. I have left messages with my number and i havent gotten any call backs. I spoke to them thursday last week and he assured me that my fenders would b delivered that afternoon but they were not. Ive called since then and still no response. So if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. Thanx

2. Oct 10, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    hmm.... have you tried emailing them?

glassworks usually has better customer service than most....

3. Oct 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Yup done that too but i still have nothing:mad:

4. Oct 10, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    Wicked 2007

Wicked 2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    2007 Tacoma Double Cab SB 4WD - Auto -TRD Off Road - Icon Billet UCA - 8" ORI Front Struts - Bilstein 5100 11" RCD Shock - AllPro Expo Springs - Demello Sliders - Tom Woods 1 Piece Driveshaft - 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims - Locker Mod - Locker Guard - 35" MT MTZ's - ARB Bumper - Warn 8000 winch w/synthetic line - All-Pro Front Skid/Transmission Skid/Rear Armor - ARB Front Locker - Nitro 4.56 gears - Marlin 4.7 crawl box - Twin Stick FJ t-case - ATO high clearance rear bumper
    I know they are busy folks and you gotta wait (a long while) for their products. I am sure Tim will get back to you soon.

I know there was a big off road show this weekend. Also they work 4 days a week and I forget if they take friday or monday off...

What fenders did you order BTW?

5. Oct 11, 2011 at 5:04 AM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    I bought the front fenders and rear bed sides

6. Oct 11, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    It's columbus day isn't it? Might have to just wait another day.

edit: errr yesterday.

7. Oct 11, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    2007 Tacoma Double Cab SB 4WD - Auto -TRD Off Road - Icon Billet UCA - 8" ORI Front Struts - Bilstein 5100 11" RCD Shock - AllPro Expo Springs - Demello Sliders - Tom Woods 1 Piece Driveshaft - 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims - Locker Mod - Locker Guard - 35" MT MTZ's - ARB Bumper - Warn 8000 winch w/synthetic line - All-Pro Front Skid/Transmission Skid/Rear Armor - ARB Front Locker - Nitro 4.56 gears - Marlin 4.7 crawl box - Twin Stick FJ t-case - ATO high clearance rear bumper
    what rise and flare did you go with?

8. Oct 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    4" flare 3" rise

9. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    cool - I am waiting on some fronts myself... slow process to say the least.

10. Oct 13, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    It's more than a slow wait. I made the order back in August and I'm still waiting. Apparently my order was "shipped" and should have been delivered last thursday. Can U guess where I'm going with this, needless to say a week later I still havent gotten them. Tim from glassworks emailed me monday night and was "surprised" to find out they werent delivered and said that he was going to contact the shipping company to find out what happened but I never got an update. So now I have to wonder if my order was even made or shipped. Right now I'm just a little pissed off at the lack of communication and the customer support. :mad::mad::mad:

11. Oct 17, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    any update?

12. Oct 17, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
  13. Oct 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    Here is the latest update I got from Tim at glassworks. This is an email he sent me.

I have been out on a job in LA all last week.. I called my rep. to ask him to look into it only to find out he does not work for the carrier anymore, he told me the delivery times and customer service were terrible and could not get any support.. He told me tp find a different shipper.. I told my crew to start to make new parts for you, they gelcoated the molds on friday, but won't start to make the parts till monday next week... What I am going to do is send you new parts and reimburse for shipping them to you because of the wait.. I'll call you monday when I get in.. Can you just email me you number so I have it quick, that way I can call you when I get up Monday morning.

Now I have replied to this message about shipping with Fedex or UPS, but I havent gotten a reply. So god only knows whats going on. I call my CC company about the problem I'm having with glassworks and they open a dispute claim against them, so I'm thinking thats why I got the email for the making of new parts. I'll post updates as I get them.

14. Oct 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    jtlachac08

jtlachac08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Phoenix, Az
    Any luck yet? I just got mine last week,put them on this weekend. Awsome fit! Very minimal trimming was needed and the body lines are super straight. Good luck with your purchase. Update on the bedsides if you can. Did you get the normal flare ones or the trophy truck style? Heres a pic of mine, the most trimming they took was to mount the lower headlight trim. This pic was before those trims were fitted.

[​IMG]

15. Oct 18, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    thanks for the update - im in the same boat as you. ill keep any updates here also.

16. Oct 31, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    imtwistd - any update on your fenders? Word from Tim?

17. Nov 1, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    Nothing as right now. It's been over 2 weeks since his last email. I getting to the point to where I'm gonna call the better business bureau and smash glassworks, bit b4 I do that I'm gonna call tim today and find out WTF is going on.

18. Nov 1, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    they're not walmart, be patient, you'll get your glass.
    SHEESH!!
    :D

it took me a good month to recieve fenders from him, it's not good customer service, but we could have told you that before you ordered them. maybe after you trash these you can go with a third party who has some in stock.

19. Nov 1, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    Thats cool for u to say, but its been 3 months! Id say thats a bit of a difference! I know who im not getting fenders from now . . . .

20. Nov 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    imtwistd

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    Well I just tried to call Glassworks and all I get is a message asking me for a password, so I emailed Tim to let him know I want an answer to whats going on. So I'll update if I get an answer. If you guys have some time to kill and would like to give me a hand. Can you call were glassworks and was able to talk to a real person I would be grateful. Here is their phone# 714-379-9134

Products Discussed in

To Top