TRD: Sport Package VS TRD: Off Road Package

View Poll Results: TRD: Sport VS TRD: Off Road
BOTH 23 21.70%
Off road is better off road 67 63.21%
Sport is better off road 21 19.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
OFFROADCARWASH is on a distinguished road

Army: Will start basic training in July of this year.
OFFROADCARWASH's Tacoma Gallery
Cool TRD: Sport Package VS TRD: Off Road Package

Whats your opinion on sport edition or offroad edition. Which one is better looking, offroad abillity, and whats the difference?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
offroad= offroad package (locking dif, ATRAC)
looks= sport (imo) (bigger rims, and hood)

stock for stock, the sport rides nicer on pavement.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i like the Off Road for the locker and because i dont like the Sport's hood scoop that much. The sport will do fine off road since it has a limited slip but when the going gets really tough you just cant substitute for a locker! I like the Rugged Trail edition the best though.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume the answer to this question would be obvious. The Off Road truck is better for going off road.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Off Road! But I would like a combo of both!

I love the scoop and painted everything. Chrome isn't my favorite but it doesn't look bad and I love my locker.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road is better off road but the Sport is so much better looking. Its looks makes up for the small off road disadvantage.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a sport and I love it but it would be nice to have a locker. One day I will get one but until then I can always dream.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
05-08 Sport with LSD, always on 2wd, 4hi, 4lo, ready to spin you out if your not careful.

But 09' why spend extra on the Sport, nothing more than a SR5 with bling. For same price an Off-road gets all stuff but still has traction goodies... Locker, A-trac.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
MasterChief
MannyECG is on a distinguished road

MannyECG's Tacoma Gallery
This was a dilema when I was buying my truck. I wanted a DC w/ a long bed and the Off Road didn't have that option. So I opted for the Sport.

There've been plenty of times when I've said to myself, "I'm glad I got the long bed!" I've carried my buddies comfortably in the back seat and all our gear in the long bed.

I also figured I can always get a locker for my Sport but I still couldn't get a long bed in the Off Road. The 4x4 option w/o a locker is still pretty good if you're a good driver. But again, I can install a locker back there and have the best of both worlds!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #12
MasterChief
MannyECG is on a distinguished road

MannyECG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
TRD Offroad is better for offroad
TRD Sport is better for on the street/snow/etc

Best of both worlds? TRD Sport with aftermarket ARB in the front.
That's on my wish list! ARB Lockers!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Tacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the rough

Tacoma02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like the TRD offroad because of the rear locker, it sure is nice to have when the trail gets gnarly
Old 11-05-2008, 03:52 AM   #14
soulreaper is on a distinguished road
soulreaper's Tacoma Gallery
i have a sport package but i wish i would have gotten the deal on an offroad with 4x4
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 AM   #15
cam-shaft has a spectacular aura aboutcam-shaft has a spectacular aura about

cam-shaft's Tacoma Gallery
TRD offroad for me with the locker mod is the way to go. I do like the sport hood better though. Chrome bumper is more durable for small bumps and bruises then paint.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #16
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport for me

I don't do a lot of off roading, maybe a couple of weeks a year during hunting season, and then not really rought terrain. Plus, I got the long bed, it just seems to look more well preportioned, and there have been many times where the short bed just isn't enough space for long cargo such as ladders, boards etc.

Even though I haven't driven an off-road too much, I do notice that my Sport rides very smoothly - like the suspension is tuned for the road. And since that's where I have it most of the time, that's fine with me !
Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #17
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Off-road imo. Locker is useful if you get stuck.... and looks wise personally I hate the fake hood scoop, it's retarded. Though I'd prefer the color matched grill and such from the sport... but that's it. Personally I like the offroad tune for the blisten's... makes speed bumps moar fun at 60mph. The 17" wheels also look bad imo too, I'd prefer 15's if I could but eh...

Threads are useless without pics
Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #18
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
I could not get the DC longbed with the off-road package, so I got the sport.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #19
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
This is an unfair poll for the Sport. The offroad is obvisously going to be better offroad, that is stock compared to stock.

The bottom line for me was that I wanted a DC LB, and the sport was the best option. I'm sure w/ my mad off-roading skills, that the sport will suffice. JK, I still have to let the new car smell wear off before my 29k ride will truely will be offroading enough to tell the difference.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 AM   #20
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
i have an 09 sport and it has the lsd which allows both rear tires to spin so how is the rear locker better? isnt it the same thing haha cause im pretty sure both back tires spin when one looses traction, maybe im wrong but either way i love my sport but i also owned an off road so im good with both