Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Loud noise In bed when going over bumps?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Loud noise In bed when going over bumps?

Hey guys i cant to find this but I don't know if it is a tsb thing of not but I have a 2010 dc tacoma and i feel like the bed is going to fall off going over bumps. It make this clunk thing and idk what it is. I brang it to them 2 months ago and they put bump stops but that didn't work. Every time i go over bumps the back bed makes a huge noise and i feel like its gonna fall off lol. Idk why. What should i say to them when i bring it back this week. What would be the tsb for it thanks.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
jofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: joe
jofixer's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine used with 98,000 miles on it. I kept hearing rattling in the back. After driving it that way for 10,000 miles, I found that the U bolts holding the rear axle were way loose. The bolts were so siezed it took a three foot bar to get them off and clean them and re-tighten them. Not obvious unless you shake the bottom square plate. Maybe? check it out.....
Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bump anyone
Old 10-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
ok thanks dude. Ill have to check that out.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
You can also check the spare tire, make sure the cable holding it up is nice and tight.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
just by chance, do you have anything in your hitch? i had a strange noise everytime i went over a bump and realized i had my tow ball in my hitch which was banging around everytime i hit a bump. just an idea.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same thing till I realized I had put my receiver in the drivers side storage bin. Duh!!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
Um i dont think its any of them. I happen when i first got it lol. I dont remember having the problem till i got new tires. I had the stock 245 and went up to 265/275/16 and then i think i had the problem. I don't think the new semi at tires could do it. I mean its real bad going over bumps. I afraid my whole bed is going to fall out soon. I just made a appointment for my dealership tmw and hope they can fix it. I just thought anyone new of the problem before i went so i didn't act like a didn't now anything haha. I know some people had the tsb done on the newer trucks, whats that about. Is it something with the leaf springs gone bad. Idk?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #11
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Um i dont think its any of them. I happen when i first got it lol. I dont remember having the problem till i got new tires. I had the stock 245 and went up to 265/275/16 and then i think i had the problem. I don't think the new semi at tires could do it. I mean its real bad going over bumps. I afraid my whole bed is going to fall out soon. I just made a appointment for my dealership tmw and hope they can fix it. I just thought anyone new of the problem before i went so i didn't act like a didn't now anything haha. I know some people had the tsb done on the newer trucks, whats that about. Is it something with the leaf springs gone bad. Idk?

Have someone drive your truck over what ever bumps while you listen in different positions. 1 while you are standing at the bump location and 2 while you are in the bed. You should be able to pin point the problem. I have the same problem, I here a clunk when I go over bumps, but I know it's the crap I got stored in the bed boxes. Good luck
Old 10-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Thanks i will do that. Im going to take my ball hitch off and my stuff and see if i hear it but im for sure im still gonna hear it lol
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Both of mine do this . Both are regular cabs . It sounds like its where the bed mounts towards the front .
Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
TacoManJay is on a distinguished road

TacoManJay's Tacoma Gallery
OP check to see that all your bolts in the bed that hold it to the frame are good and tight. I know this sounds crazy, but my cousin came to my house one day to drop off some tables and chairs and after we unloaded we were sitting having some beers. His little guy who probably weighs 80lbs soaking wet jumped up to sit next to him on the gate. When he did so I heard this loud bang and I let out a, "what the he'll was that?" after jumping up and down and checking a lot of areas out I finally got in the bed I was able to see that the front passenger bed bolt was loose enough to let that front corner of the bed move up and down enough to make an ungodly racket when flexed or under load in the rear. I don't know how that can come loose like that but his mechanic couldn't find it either when he had it in for a look prior.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
Wow strange. Thanks for the infor dude. Ill have to check it out tmw when its nice and sunny lol. Its starting to drive me crazy haha
Old 10-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
TacoManJay is on a distinguished road

TacoManJay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Wow strange. Thanks for the infor dude. Ill have to check it out tmw when its nice and sunny lol. Its starting to drive me crazy haha
No prob man. Hope that's your problem, it'll be an easy fix.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
samiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
samiam's Tacoma Gallery
I usually get a clank after my truck has sat idle for a number of hours, like over night, then the clank shortly after taking off...don't know what it is, but definately from the bed. I have walked in the bed and heard a slight clank like it's settling.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoManJay View Post
OP check to see that all your bolts in the bed that hold it to the frame are good and tight. I know this sounds crazy, but my cousin came to my house one day to drop off some tables and chairs and after we unloaded we were sitting having some beers. His little guy who probably weighs 80lbs soaking wet jumped up to sit next to him on the gate. When he did so I heard this loud bang and I let out a, "what the he'll was that?" after jumping up and down and checking a lot of areas out I finally got in the bed I was able to see that the front passenger bed bolt was loose enough to let that front corner of the bed move up and down enough to make an ungodly racket when flexed or under load in the rear. I don't know how that can come loose like that but his mechanic couldn't find it either when he had it in for a look prior.
I've had 2 in the past 3 years do this. bed bolts loose. Worth a shot
Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #19
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
i have a similar problem but its with a 2000 tundra. iv been all over that thing trying to find the noise, iv done every thing listed above and am starting wonder if the problems not inside the axle or something cause i cant pin point it. interested to see whats causing this problem for you
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Check the inner fender liners on the back, on my '06 the plastic "christmas tree" fasteners that hold them in work loose, and they make a lot of racket on the rough stuff. Pushing them firmly back in works for a while, until they work loose again. One day it will anoy me enough for a permanent repair.