Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Low Rear View Mirror - 2011 Tacoma

Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
bfunk55 is on a distinguished road
Name: B
bfunk55's Tacoma Gallery
Low Rear View Mirror - 2011 Tacoma

I've just bought a new 2011 SR5 double cab Tacoma. I love the truck except for the rear view mirror.

I'm 6' 1" and the mirror is right in my field of vision at stop signs and when making right hand turns. I've looked at some other posts and realized the mirror can be adjusted upwards. Although the adjustment raised it a couple inches, I'd like to raise it a couple more.

Has anyone raised the mirror themselves? or can anyone recommend a 3rd party product (like an arm extension) to get that mirror up a bit higher.

Thanks,

B
Old 10-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Orlando!

This thread would probably be better off in the general forum; this section is used for simple introductions, new members showings off their trucks, etc...

Good luck with the mirror!

Fink
Old 10-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
THere's a thread for this somewhere...I did it on mine...I'm 6'3" and it drove me nuts.

Basically it makes the arm point up instead of down if I remember correctly.

EDIT:
this
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post72562
Old 10-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
D13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: D
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Glad i saw this thread.. i'm only 6ft.. but never had a blind spot like this in any previous vehicle.. gotta raise it somehow!!

Maybe i should visit the "things your tacoma does but didnt know" thread
Old 10-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i’m 5’7 so i’m no help. lol

and Welcome
Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #7
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Also with the rear view camera option you get very little extra clearence....one of those things you just have to deal with Im 6'5" and clover leaf on ramps can be sketchy and stop signs. To get the backing off for the mirror youd have to heat the outside to met the glue, see any Ford out on the streets they have a problem with the mirrors falling off, but that glue sometimes isnt the best either.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
I felt the same way when I got my 2011 and I actually made a few prototypes to fix it. I ended up getting 5/8" higher than the highest pivoting point it currently can reach. The first one is shown here, but it does accomplish the height, the one I currently have it fitted nice and is stronger. Only problem was that the cover for the electrical wont fit once it is lifted so I also had to make a new cover. Maybe I'll post updated pics of it...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...extension.html
Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
I cant get the pivot that attaches to the window to do anything but go up and down?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
just take the mirror, and push it up toward the roof
Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^this is really the only option without modifying
Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
I am only 5'7" and I noticed that the mirror occasionally blocks my view in my 2011 DBL cab, as compared to the 95 GMC yukon I had before the Tacoma