Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New FJ Cruiser Wheels

Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
GTCOMA is on a distinguished road

GTCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
one more pic with the new wheels just for kicks...

Old 10-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #22
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
whered you get those fj wheels if i may ask?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #23
PPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of light

Firefighter: IAFF 1664
Name: Perry
PPower05's Tacoma Gallery
What did you do to the lights?? My 2010 wont run the pilots w/ fog lights
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #24
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know the specs on those wheels? They look like they are sticking out a bit past the fenders? Which I like.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #25
Taco Jinx...
ewa2fl is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
ewa2fl's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to ewa2fl
Like the wheels too! I just got the same tires in 16", they grip great so far, cant wait to see how they perform in the snow...
Old 10-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #27
Fuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of light

Fuze911's Tacoma Gallery
Wow these wheels look AMAZING on that car! Simply perfect!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #28
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze911 View Post
Wow these wheels look AMAZING on that car! Simply perfect!
car? but they look great on that truck
Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #29
Fuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of lightFuze911 is a glorious beacon of light

Fuze911's Tacoma Gallery
Oops sorry. It's my first truck. Always had a car in the past.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 AM   #30
Chriskn1690 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chriskn1690's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome. I love those wheels. Your truck looks great
Old 10-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #32
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
I have FJ wheels on my '09 also, with the same size tires. According to my measurements, the offset ("reverse") of the FJ wheels give us a total increase in track of about 1.5". The fill out the fenderwells nicely.

I have noticed though, that when taking a sharp turn over a sidewalk or bump (slow speed), something sounds like it rubs somewhere - I don't know where, and I'm not worried about it, but I've heard it on occasion. Listen up and see if you hear it as well. (no lift on my truck - the suspension is stock other than the wheels)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #33

GTCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the compliments. I've spent the last 6 years over at the Toyotanation forum, but it got so bogged down with adverts, so I switched over to tacomaworld. I need to do an evolution of my truck thread to list everything I have done

I got these wheels off ebay from a place in Utah called BTI wheels. Supr fast shipping and the price was right. I really got lucky

For the fogs I did the anytime fog mod by using a jumper wire from the relay. Did it 5 years ago and has held up great.

As I understand it, the specs on these wheels have a 15mm offset vs. The 30mm of the stock trd sport wheels. Effectively giving it a backspacing of 4.9" instead of 5.5". This sets the wheel out .6" on each side.

As for the tires, I wantedto go with a high quality AT tire, but still look good and have low road noise. I researched tires 2 hours a day for a couple weeks and these came out as the winner.

And there are no rubbing issues on my truck, everything clears by plenty of space. Could have gone bigger, but I like the look of this size
Old 10-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #34
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCOMA View Post
Thanks for all the compliments. I've spen the last 6 years over at the Toyotanation forum, but it got so bogged down with adverts, so I switched over to tacomaworld. I need to do an evolution of my truck thread to list everything I have done

I got these wheels off ebay from a place in Utah called BTI wheels. Supr fast shipping and the price was right. I really got lucky

For the fogs I did the anytime fog mod by using a jumper wire from the relay. Did it 5 years ago and has held up great.

As I understand it, the specs on these wheels have a 15mm offset vs. The 30mm of the stock trd sport wheels. Effectively giving it a backspacing of 4.9" instead of 5.5". This sets the wheel out .6" on each side.

As for the tires, I wantedto go with a high quality AT tire, but still look good and have low road noise. I researched tires 2 hours a day for a couple weeks and these came out as the winner.

And there are no rubbing issues on my truck, everything clears by plenty of space. Could hav gone bigger, but I like the look of this size
Good Move!! Nice truck & wheels. Welcome to TW!!
Oh the 1.21 GW made me laugh...cool.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #35
Hiemsnox is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Hiemsnox's Tacoma Gallery
how far north of cinci, im in the dayton area lol
Old 10-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #36

GTCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiemsnox View Post
how far north of cinci, im in the dayton area lol
I am in Maineville. It is east of Kings Island
Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #37
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Badass truck man!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #38
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice on the tires. I just saw that consumer reports had a ranking of tires and these tires were the best in their category.

Also, in case you didn't know, Cooper is currently offering a $75 rebate on the tires: http://www.coopertirerebates.com/
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #39
Duae Rotarum per Sempre
canyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dave
canyonchaser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCOMA View Post
one more pic with the new wheels just for kicks...

I really wondered what those wheels would look like on the Taco. Clearly, they look fantastic!

Had they come in a 16" version, I probably would have gotten them over the FJ Cruiser SE wheels.

dp
Old 12-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #40
B... is on a distinguished road
B...'s Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to the OP for giving me the idea to seek out a set of these wheels. Scored them on Craigsllist for $400, then picked up a set of 265 70 17 Duratracs. Very pleased with the results!