Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do you tell if your Tacoma has a the towing package?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
How do you tell if your Tacoma has a the towing package?

It has been brought to my attention that the towing package nearly doubles the towing capacity of I4 5-speeds. We brought our Tacoma used and there is no written record of a towing package except that when you run the VIN, it comes back as being able to tow 6,500lbs. So, before I blow my engine trying to do something I may not be able to do, how/where/what can I check to see if I have the towing package?

Thank you!!

Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Moderators, feel free to delete this one with the typo in the title. TW: YOU SAW NOTHING!!! :P
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #4

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
.....these are not the threads you are looking for.....
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
.....these are not the threads you are looking for.....
Old 10-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #6

MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery

lol, sorry, NMCQueen, we revived the incorrect thread. In my other-other thread (without the title typo), TW concluded that I4s don't come with towing packages at all (epic bummer)