Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spring TSB for a new 2012? Anybody get it yet?

Old 11-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
I have a '12 DCSB sport 4x4 with the towing package and it has 4 leafs.

For '12 & '13, the 3 & 4 leafs seem to be all over the place with no rhyme or reason or consistency......but I have never seen or heard of a towing package without 4 leafs. That might be the factor, but I could be wrong.

I plan on going on the factory tour when I have some time off in December and I plan on asking.
My '13 TRD OR AccessCab has the towing package (standard in the Northeast it seems) and has a 3 leaf.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #22
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
Subb'd, I have the 2012 TRD OR and it has 3 leafs and you can't hawl anything in the bed without it bottoming out. Please keep me updated if yall get yours fixed.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have seen is the tacomas with the v-6 have the 4 leaf. Not sure if it has to have the tow package or not, but I doubt it. Base v-6, SR5 v-6, and sport v-6 all have the 4 leaf. <<<pretty sure on that but I could be wrong.

Those of you with the TRD off road will not have the 4 leaf, instead you get a more flexible 3 leaf with or without tow. Don't ask why but I'd complain about it until they fix it.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #24
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Sport w/ 4-leaf.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #25
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
12' SR5 4X4 w/tow 4 leaf
Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
digitaLbraVo is on a distinguished road
digitaLbraVo's Tacoma Gallery
Hum. I'm gonna go check on my lunch break here now... I had a few things for shooting the other day in the bed of my truck (4 heavy ass ammo cans, some loose boards for targets, tables, etc.) and found myself bottoming out going slowly over speed bumps and on drainage routes.

All on road driving and I was feeling that. I've got a 2012 4x4 double cab with an off road and tow package. I'm curious if I only have 3 leaf springs in the back now...

And lucky me it's already time for a trip to a Toyota dealer due to maintenance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan3306 View Post
Those of you with the TRD off road will not have the 4 leaf, instead you get a more flexible 3 leaf with or without tow. Don't ask why but I'd complain about it until they fix it.
Oh then I just saw this post.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
It takes persistence. I have a 2011 Regular cab, supposedly the spring TSB does not apply to Regular cabs, though I had all the same problems, sag, lean, side wind sway. It took the mechanic driving my truck with no load 1 mile and checking for grease he had applied to the bump stops. The grease was on the frame. The mechanic called field service and it was approved.

A week later the dealership replaced the rear springs with the TSB springs and put on the Bilstein rear shocks I had.

Don't get angry, just stay after them.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #29
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaLbraVo View Post
Hum. I'm gonna go check on my lunch break here now... I had a few things for shooting the other day in the bed of my truck (4 heavy ass ammo cans, some loose boards for targets, tables, etc.) and found myself bottoming out going slowly over speed bumps and on drainage routes.

All on road driving and I was feeling that. I've got a 2012 4x4 double cab with an off road and tow package. I'm curious if I only have 3 leaf springs in the back now...

And lucky me it's already time for a trip to a Toyota dealer due to maintenance!

Oh then I just saw this post.
I wish I'd grabbed a picture. I swear I only saw 2 springs back there...
Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #31
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
12 DCSB TRD OR with 2 leaves plus overload. Hauled a small load of firewood two weeks ago and I was dragging bumper. Went to dealer I purchased the truck from and explained my concern and asked if there was any "recalls". The said no recalls but a TSB on the 2011 and since nothing changed for 12 they would have no problem putting it through for me. Yeah!!! Or so I thought...

Phone rang when I got home and they said Toyota denied warranty claim in the computer when he tried to order the parts. He took the initiative and went ahead and pursued it further with the area rep to get an over-ride.... but the area rep would NOT budge. My service guy said he sounded like he got burned on it before or Toyota was putting the screws on him NOT to do the TSB on the 12+. SG suggested calling Toyota USA and opening a case, which I did that day. Toyota was supposed to have an answer for me last Thursday but I had/have not received any calls. Called them on Friday and they acknowledged someone was supposed to get back to me with an answer, apologized, and said someone would call me back today by COB. It's 0530 MST and no one has called so it looks like I'll be hitting them up first thing tomorrow. I just ordered a camper shell so I'm really going to need the TSB.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
12 DCSB TRD OR with 2 leaves plus overload. Hauled a small load of firewood two weeks ago and I was dragging bumper. Went to dealer I purchased the truck from and explained my concern and asked if there was any "recalls". The said no recalls but a TSB on the 2011 and since nothing changed for 12 they would have no problem putting it through for me. Yeah!!! Or so I thought...

Phone rang when I got home and they said Toyota denied warranty claim in the computer when he tried to order the parts. He took the initiative and went ahead and pursued it further with the area rep to get an over-ride.... but the area rep would NOT budge. My service guy said he sounded like he got burned on it before or Toyota was putting the screws on him NOT to do the TSB on the 12+. SG suggested calling Toyota USA and opening a case, which I did that day. Toyota was supposed to have an answer for me last Thursday but I had/have not received any calls. Called them on Friday and they acknowledged someone was supposed to get back to me with an answer, apologized, and said someone would call me back today by COB. It's 0530 MST and no one has called so it looks like I'll be hitting them up first thing tomorrow. I just ordered a camper shell so I'm really going to need the TSB.
Sounds like I'll be following in your steps in the next few days or so. I'm calling my dealer (they're far but the dealers around here are major... foullanguage) tomorrow to find out some stuff about taking it in for service and will bring up my leaf springs in the rear issue and hope for the best.

Definitely will keep the thread posted with my findings.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #33
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I carried 1200lbs in bricks the other day, I didnt event stack them directly over the axle and it only sagged a little bit (maybe an inch), much less than I expected. I was impressed.

Quote:

For '12 & '13, the 3 & 4 leafs seem to be all over the place with no rhyme or reason or consistency......but I have never seen or heard of a towing package without 4 leafs. That might be the factor, but I could be wrong.

I plan on going on the factory tour when I have some time off in December and I plan on asking.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #34
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
To those of you who were turned down for the Rear Leaf TSB, ask the service managers just how are they going to fix the problem now since Toyota has said no to the TSB. Don't get angry at the service manager, he is stuck in the middle. Get him to work for you on fixing the problem.

Doughnuts make good bribes and even better thank you's.

Be prepared to install better shocks if you do get the TSB.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
ostroud18 is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired MSG
Name: Odis
ostroud18's Tacoma Gallery
3 pack vs 4 pack

Quote:

All 2012/13 DBCB TRD package 4x4 (tow-package) 2+1 pack, DBCB Sport 4x4 & SR5 3+1 pack.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #36
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
I was at the dealer yesterday for oil, told them I have a vibration, this morning they called and said my parts are in, bring it down and they will install parts. Ill ask about my 3 leaf springs which are sagging a little from my tonneau cover, update coming.

Will the service guy accept gifts, so to speak? I don't mind sharing.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #37
ostroud18 is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired MSG
Name: Odis
ostroud18's Tacoma Gallery
Sag

taking my 2012 Double cab TRD 4x4 tow-package in for first 5000 oil change Friday. I have a clunk sound like something lose in the truck bed when breaking and taking off also. Have a fiberglass bed cover and lost at least 1 inch and springs sag a little. 4mths old 4500 miles. I will ask about suspesion and possible axle wrap or what ever causes the sound. I have owned 2 other Tacomas and you have to go out of your way and hit the service department up with the same complaint to get the issue documented to get the problem fixed sometimes. All want you to be out of the 3 yr 36,000 mile warrenty range so they don't have to deal with the problem free.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #38
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostroud18 View Post
taking my 2012 Double cab TRD 4x4 tow-package in for first 5000 oil change Friday. I have a clunk sound like something lose in the truck bed when breaking and taking off also. Have a fiberglass bed cover and lost at least 1 inch and springs sag a little. 4mths old 4500 miles. I will ask about suspesion and possible axle wrap or what ever causes the sound. I have owned 2 other Tacomas and you have to go out of your way and hit the service department up with the same complaint to get the issue documented to get the problem fixed sometimes. All want you to be out of the 3 yr 36,000 mile warrenty range so they don't have to deal with the problem free.
You have an Offroad I presume ?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #39
When I went into my dealer today (ostroud18 you and I are like exactly the same, 4mo old truck with 4500mi in for it's first service lol) he said he would look into a TSB, but I'll have to follow up for sure. He also mentioned it would be best if I'd leave it over night for them to test drive and then load it up with something and test drive it again to get the same behavior.

I have pictures if anyone is really curious. But my double cab 4x4 with TRD Offroad only has 2 springs and even with an empty bed they lay pretty flat to the ground...
Old 01-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
You will have to raise hell to get them to perform the TSB on the '12 and up models. I finally got mine to do it but it was only after complaining to Toyota customer service 2 separate times over a month long period.