Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spring TSB for a new 2012? Anybody get it yet?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
efirhino is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
efirhino's Tacoma Gallery
Spring TSB for a new 2012? Anybody get it yet?

I have a new 2012 ( 3 leaf) and the truck is sagging with just a Snugtop cap added. Requested the spring TSB from dealer and they say it doesn't apply to the 2012 model. Has anyone been able to get this done on a 2012? Do I have to wait until they update the TSB to include 2012
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You probably just have to wait.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
I thought the 2012 had the 4 pack now?
Of course not. Why fix what's broken? That would be like redesigning the blower motor for the climate control so it doesn't squeak anymore.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
First off, welcome! Second, where in SoCal are ya? Into offroading? There are trail runs at least once or twice a month down here, as well as the occasional group meet. Third-Let's see some pics of the new truck! Lol...

Seeing as how the 2012's were just released...I doubt anyone has had it done yet...Bug the dealer so they have record of it and bug Toyota as well so they can release the addition of the 2012's....
Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at a SR5 Double cab 4x4 today at a dealership. It had the 4leaf pack
Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #8
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post

Seeing as how the 2012's were just released...I doubt anyone has had it done yet...Bug the dealer so they have record of it and bug Toyota as well so they can release the addition of the 2012's....
Absolutely bug the dealer. It took something like 7 months for them to update for the 2011's. Every complaint is logged and it they have enough evidence they upgrade. I know it sounds stupid because it's the same problem but that's corp. Also try to have a one on one with the factory rep. Take 2 min. You never know. I have seen red tape magically disappear.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
I thought the 2012 had the 4 pack now?
Some do, some don't.

My AC sport has the 4 pack. There is some discussion here.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07DCSB View Post
Wouldn't the 4-pack limit flex? I.e., unsuitable for offroad....
Nope. Flex is the same but the leaf pack just blows. It doesn't help all that much.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
efirhino is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
efirhino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
First off, welcome! Second, where in SoCal are ya? Into offroading? There are trail runs at least once or twice a month down here, as well as the occasional group meet. Third-Let's see some pics of the new truck! Lol...

Thanks! I am in North County San Diego... I enjoy offroading but with my little Yamaha Rhino. Much cheaper repairs and easier to get around... see attached pic

Thanks for your service!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Spring TSB for a new 2012?  Anybody get it yet?-2012-tacoma-002.jpg  
Old 10-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Post up on Toyota USA's Facebook wall. You would be AMAZED at how helpful they can be on there.

I was skeptical, but I have asked about four questions on there now and they generally reply within 48-72 hours.

Fink
Old 10-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07DCSB View Post
Please pull your foot out of your mouth.
The question wasn't intended to elicit an answer, but to get people to think about this.

Absolutely a harder spring WILL reduce flex. If your purpose is offroading, you are better off with a softer spring with a lower rate and more preload. On road when you're going to be carrying loads, you may be better off with a harder spring, higher rate, and less preload.

Here's some reading for you:
http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0909...d/viewall.html

Fink
Old 01-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
MCM78LC is on a distinguished road
MCM78LC's Tacoma Gallery
2012 may need TSB

I have a newly arrived 2012 DC 4x4 TX Pro (aka TRD) - with 3 spring pack in back. I've got an ARE tonneau cover and it's sagged a bit already. Can't wait to see what happens when I hook up the boat, or when I have 3 passengers. Hope the TSB is added for those of us who got the 3 pack!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
ekms377 is on a distinguished road

ekms377's Tacoma Gallery
I have a the same truck.....3 pack.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
anyone get this yet?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
Blueridge is on a distinguished road

Blueridge's Tacoma Gallery
I had it done on my '12 DCTRDOR. Took a few visits to the dealer ship and a few pics of my truck with a load. the regional guy gave it the ok and it was done a week later.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
i had it done at a dealer also after few calls. was it worth it? yeah its holding me over until i figure out what to do in the long run.

tsb pack will still suck like the non tsb pack after some use.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
ostroud18 is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired MSG
Name: Odis
ostroud18's Tacoma Gallery
2012 DCTRDOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
I had it done on my '12 DCTRDOR. Took a few visits to the dealer ship and a few pics of my truck with a load. the regional guy gave it the ok and it was done a week later.
I have the same truck and a fiberglass cover, sagging also. did the dealer replace your with a 3+1 or the same 2+1 pack?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #20
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I have a '12 DCSB sport 4x4 with the towing package and it has 4 leafs.

For '12 & '13, the 3 & 4 leafs seem to be all over the place with no rhyme or reason or consistency......but I have never seen or heard of a towing package without 4 leafs. That might be the factor, but I could be wrong.

I plan on going on the factory tour when I have some time off in December and I plan on asking.