LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

This is BS, Im done with Amsoil!!!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #161
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Certainly you can go over 400,000 miles using AMSOIL synthetic motor oils combined with proper filtration, (as was stated). Watch the video.

What is your intent here? All you seem to do is insult, flame and make fun. Doesn't add much to the conversation, if at all.
My intent is to expose AMSOIL as the fraud that it is.

I've talked to many car guys (many have chimed in here) and they all have said the same thing - AMSOIL makes a good synthetic, but it's not "head and shoulders" above any other synthetic, certainly not to the extent that you would like us to believe.

400k on a single oil change? No oil added, only oil filters were changed? C'mon. Even you should know that's completely ludicrous. If that was even close to true, why does anyone change their oil, ever? Do you never change your oil? Most vehicles don't make it to 400k, let alone on a single oil change.

I don't see why you're trying to sell conspiracy theories. If you're here to sell oil, sell oil. But don't sell us lies.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #162
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
So whatever happended with OP and discolored oil anyway?

Old 11-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #163
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have talked top many car guys too...

live via

Old 11-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #164
Wally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shedWally is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wally's Tacoma Gallery
I am working on a project right now with a large OEM of diesel engines.

The lab that does failure analysis of components is right where we have our meetings so the next time I'm on-site, I'll talk to the engineers and see what they say. White coat lab guys ... true experts that do the science to back up their recommendations on service intervals.

It'll take me a while but I'd like to learn a little more about extended service periods w/o the marketing hype. I'm sure this debate will still be going on in a month

Old 11-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #165
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have talked top many car guys too...

live via
Way to increase that post count, dude .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
It'll take me a while but I'd like to learn a little more about extended service periods w/o the marketing hype.
Yes please .

Old 11-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #166
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Way to increase that post count, dude .
Better than having some blood flow between my legs over some oil.

live via

Old 11-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #167
Banned
Quote:
Better than having some blood flow between my legs over some oil.

live via
Jealous that blood still flows between my legs? lol.

Edit - we're drifting back OT. Not that this thread was ever really on-topic. Go pump your epeen in the off-topic section.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #168
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Jealous that blood still flows between my legs? lol.
Mine flows but stays inside my body. Yours cleanses that dry vag you have. Better use Amsoil in there.

live via

Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #169
Banned
Quote:
Mine flows but stays inside my body. Yours cleanses that dry vag you have. Better use Amsoil in there.

live via
Really? You need a life dude.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #170
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Chris, there were no controls for time, temperature, load, the environment the so-called test vehicle was used in, no controls for the fuels used, the oil filters used, any pour in oil additives used, (or their remnants from previous use), or even the style or type of driving done, etc. All these uncontrolled variables can and do have distinct effects on any results. If driver A drove 55 mph on the highway to work and back every day with a total of 50 miles per day traveled, versus driver B. driving 15 miles to work in stop-and-go city traffic, but they both drove 3,000 miles before changing the oil, that by itself can dramatically effect test results on the oil and this is just one example of why this so-called test is invalid. With such a plethora of uncontrolled variables, this makes any test results totally invalid, especially when untrained individuals attempt to interpret the results. No controls were even used in collecting oil samples, or even if the oil samples were correctly collected, (most people have no idea how to correctly gather an oil sample), which also can have a huge impact on test results.

Again, over and over, no controls whatsoever to a myriad of variables totally skews any test results, making them invalid and of little or no use.
Being as the thread was closed, I feel compelled to reply to this, then let it die.

I understand what you are saying, however, in MY findings, I have found similar results as the testers in the links have. And in different vehicles, conditions, etc. The results I have found is that Amsoil is NOT that much better, if at all, of an oil than what avalible off the shelf, and at much less cost to the consumer. Most all synthetic motor oils are very capable of extended oil change intervals of 20k miles or more. In fact, I have personally seen an engine run for 37500 (+/-) miles on Dyno oil, with NO oil added during the cycle. In fact, it was run with the factory oil, from mile 0, until 37500. And today, the engine currently has over 150k miles on it. Now.....Im not saying Amsoil is a bad oil. Some think it is, while others dont. And oil brand seems to be a pretty personal thing for people that are fond of the vehicle they are driving. I have put Amsoil up against Mobil 1, and other synthetics, and when comparing the oil reports, I have not seen anything that would make me want to use Amsoil over any other oil. Any of the results that may have been better than the other oils, was "better" by the smallest margin. Most reports returned, showed it to be marginally less than the off the shelf synthetics I have used. Given the amount of total vehicles (about 90), conditions, etc., I feel confident in the choices I have made in the oils I use, and in the vehicles they are used in. Amsoil is not used in any of our vehicles. Now.....That all being said, The bottom line is, a quality oil, be it dyno, or synthetic, in a modern vehicle, and changed on a regular interval, will be just fine.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #171
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Also....If anyone would like to continue this conversation via PM, My door is open!

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread