1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4wd light on dash flashing

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MarinePhoenix2207, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    MarinePhoenix2207

MarinePhoenix2207 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey (yes, there's a North and South)
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    bug/debris deflector, hose clamp mod, G4 elite fold-a-cover, Westin black nerf bars, Weathertech floor mats, 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, MO951 black Moto Metals 17x9, Pop n' Lock w b/u camera, "TRD" third brake light mod, 13" black FA-series antenna, 20% front 5% rear tint, painted badges mod, rear diff breather mod, Thule 400xt Aero roof rack, Westin Sportsman black grille guard, silver pinstripe removed, Tacoma short bed bedmat, 3" Toytec Bilstein adjustable lift kit w 5100 shocks and 2" lift AAL, Redline Tuning Quicklift Plus, Rockford Fosgate sound system w/ Kenwood h/u
    So I had some guys take a look at my rear brakes and when they finished my 4wd light is now flashing on the dash. I also can't engage the 4wd. I looked in the manual and it doesn't mention anything about the light flashing. I saw some other posts here but didn't see anyone with this problem. I'm almost thinking of doing the dash reset like you would for an oil change light, but wanted to hold off for some feedback. Any insight?

2. Oct 15, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    MarinePhoenix2207

MarinePhoenix2207 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey (yes, there's a North and South)
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    bug/debris deflector, hose clamp mod, G4 elite fold-a-cover, Westin black nerf bars, Weathertech floor mats, 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, MO951 black Moto Metals 17x9, Pop n' Lock w b/u camera, "TRD" third brake light mod, 13" black FA-series antenna, 20% front 5% rear tint, painted badges mod, rear diff breather mod, Thule 400xt Aero roof rack, Westin Sportsman black grille guard, silver pinstripe removed, Tacoma short bed bedmat, 3" Toytec Bilstein adjustable lift kit w 5100 shocks and 2" lift AAL, Redline Tuning Quicklift Plus, Rockford Fosgate sound system w/ Kenwood h/u
    yea absolutely, just wanted to check with you all first :)

3. Oct 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    unccpathfinder

unccpathfinder Member

Member:
    Sparkle City, SC
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5, Double Cab, v6, 6 sp MT
    i know mine flashes if the 4x4 is engaged and not working...i've had this happen twice and i just turned it to 2wd then back to 4hi and it worked...but i'd def take it back to the shop

Products Discussed in

To Top