Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what is the difference between the pre-runners and the SR5's

Old 06-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #21
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I just thought that your quote might be a new one from that list. BTW, if anyone has a link to that list you should post it, i'd love to read it again.
the one i've seen is chucknorrisfacts.com. havent been there in a while...might just have to go now......lol
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #22
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TRDsport View Post
i did pay attention corey... and my truck HAS the SR5 tag on the tailgate but also the TRD Sport sticker on the sides. so i didnt know if the prerunner still had better shocks because i have the SR5 logo. eventhough i have the blisten shocks. i didnt know if toyota had a PreRunner logo on the tailgate and TRDsport on the side making it a better truck. like i said. im new to the whole toyota thing.. lol

thanks ND and 007 for the clear up.
li think its been said, but oh well...all trd's are at least a prerunner. u dont have the prerunner badge b/c u have the 4x4...it signifies the 2wd lifted good stuff version...lol
Old 06-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #23
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
Okay... let me clear something up a little bit...

SR5 isn't a standard option that comes out of the factory. It is an upgrade with special features and options and you do pay extra for the SR5.

You can buy a plan jane truck and it not have the SR5 badging on the truck... I just went to toyota.com and built one for myself. SR5 does come on most or all Prerunners and TRD 4x4, but it is and extra option added at the factory.

Here are a list of Options packages that you can get on your truck:

Enhancement Package (HE) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and 15-in. styled steel wheels with P215/70R15 tires

Standard Package #1 (BZ) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and sliding rear window

Standard Package #2 (BY) -- Defroster-linked conditioning, bucket seats with center console and sliding rear window
Convenience Package (CP) -- power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control and sliding rear window with privacy glass [2]
SR5 Package #1 (SE) -- Standard Package #2 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, SR5 badging and upgraded seat fabric

SR5 Package #2 (SL) -- Convenience Package #1 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and color-keyed overfenders (PreRunner and 4x4 models only), metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift lever, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, SR5 badging, upgraded seat fabric, driver's seat with lumbar support, and fog lamps (V6 models only).
TRD Off-Road Package (OC) -- SR5 Package #2 plus off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, locking rear differential, engine skidplate and fuel tank protector, front tow hook, 115V/400-watt deck mounted power outlet, multi-function overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, sport seats with sport fabric and driver's lumbar support, and TRD Off-Road graphics (V6 models

TRD Sport Package #1 (PY) -- Sport suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, limited-slip rear differential, 115V/400-watt deck-mounted power outlet, fog lamps, power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable intermittent windshield wipers, multi-function overhead console with compass and outside temperature gauge, color-keyed grille surround/bumpers/mirrors/door handles/overfenders, sliding rear window with privacy glass, sport seats with driver’s lumbar support and sport fabric trim, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, hood scoop, and TRD Sport graphics (V6 models)

TRD Sport Package #2 (PM) -- TRD Sport Package #1 plus auto-dimming electrochromic rearview mirror

V6 Towing Package[3] -- Class-4 towing hitch, transmission oil cooler (automatic transmission models), supplemental engine oil cooler, heavy-duty battery, 130-amp alternator and 7-pin connector with converter

I pulled these off of Toyota's website.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #24
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
SR5 is the standard options that come out of the factory, everything is listed SR5. Pre-Runner, 4x4, trd, all the extra letting all refers to options you can get with the truck, like just badging for the package. TRD comes with these options..... and Sport has these........ it's just a different title for a different option. The bilsteins are good, but not the greatest shock you can get for your truck. The leaf springs squeak and bottom out easily, and there's a few members that have had leaking shocks, I am one of them. Most people actually just spend the extra money for something they want thats in a package since they don't come individually, and most people don't want to take the time to add things in. Like the oil cooler, tranny cooler. Power outlet, New shocks, moon roof, hitch, leather, etc.
The oil and tranny cooler and hitch are part of the towing package not the TRD, leather and moon roof are not options unless for an aftermarket company through your dealer.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #25
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
i have the TRD #1 (who needs that tinting rearview mirror when you have tint?!)and the Towing package... shit thats $4,500 worth of goodies
Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #26
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
SR5 is the standard options that come out of the factory, everything is listed SR5. Pre-Runner, 4x4, trd, all the extra letting all refers to options you can get with the truck, like just badging for the package. TRD comes with these options..... and Sport has these........ it's just a different title for a different option. The bilsteins are good, but not the greatest shock you can get for your truck. The leaf springs squeak and bottom out easily, and there's a few members that have had leaking shocks, I am one of them. Most people actually just spend the extra money for something they want thats in a package since they don't come individually, and most people don't want to take the time to add things in. Like the oil cooler, tranny cooler. Power outlet, New shocks, moon roof, hitch, leather, etc.
As far as i know Bilstein doesn't make leaf springs and if you have good shocks then the leaf springs are less likely to bottom out. I also have never heard of any gas leaks with Bilstein unless they were abused to the point of breaking. They are standard on Mercedes and at one point were an optional upgrade on corvettes. They also prove themselves over and over on the Baja circuit, which is when they first became popular in America. There may be better shocks out there but bilstein is definately in the top of the list. I'll never put anything else on any of my vehicles.