1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what is the difference between the pre-runners and the SR5's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 07TRDsport, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Jun 22, 2007 at 8:13 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the one i've seen is chucknorrisfacts.com. havent been there in a while...might just have to go now......lol

2. Jun 22, 2007 at 8:16 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    li think its been said, but oh well...all trd's are at least a prerunner. u dont have the prerunner badge b/c u have the 4x4...it signifies the 2wd lifted good stuff version...lol

3. Jun 23, 2007 at 5:23 AM
    coreyredken

coreyredken Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Georgia, Mount Airy
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Westin Stainless Steel Oval Side Bars!
    Okay... let me clear something up a little bit...

SR5 isn't a standard option that comes out of the factory. It is an upgrade with special features and options and you do pay extra for the SR5.

You can buy a plan jane truck and it not have the SR5 badging on the truck... I just went to toyota.com and built one for myself. SR5 does come on most or all Prerunners and TRD 4x4, but it is and extra option added at the factory.

Here are a list of Options packages that you can get on your truck:

Enhancement Package (HE) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and 15-in. styled steel wheels with P215/70R15 tires

Standard Package #1 (BZ) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and sliding rear window

Standard Package #2 (BY) -- Defroster-linked conditioning, bucket seats with center console and sliding rear window
    Convenience Package (CP) -- power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control and sliding rear window with privacy glass [2]
    SR5 Package #1 (SE) -- Standard Package #2 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, SR5 badging and upgraded seat fabric

SR5 Package #2 (SL) -- Convenience Package #1 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and color-keyed overfenders (PreRunner and 4x4 models only), metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift lever, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, SR5 badging, upgraded seat fabric, driver's seat with lumbar support, and fog lamps (V6 models only).
    TRD Off-Road Package (OC) -- SR5 Package #2 plus off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, locking rear differential, engine skidplate and fuel tank protector, front tow hook, 115V/400-watt deck mounted power outlet, multi-function overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, sport seats with sport fabric and driver's lumbar support, and TRD Off-Road graphics (V6 models

TRD Sport Package #1 (PY) -- Sport suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, limited-slip rear differential, 115V/400-watt deck-mounted power outlet, fog lamps, power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable intermittent windshield wipers, multi-function overhead console with compass and outside temperature gauge, color-keyed grille surround/bumpers/mirrors/door handles/overfenders, sliding rear window with privacy glass, sport seats with driver’s lumbar support and sport fabric trim, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, hood scoop, and TRD Sport graphics (V6 models)

TRD Sport Package #2 (PM) -- TRD Sport Package #1 plus auto-dimming electrochromic rearview mirror

V6 Towing Package[3] -- Class-4 towing hitch, transmission oil cooler (automatic transmission models), supplemental engine oil cooler, heavy-duty battery, 130-amp alternator and 7-pin connector with converter

I pulled these off of Toyota's website.

4. Jun 25, 2007 at 7:04 AM
    TRDeity

TRDeity Well-Known Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDpro
    The oil and tranny cooler and hitch are part of the towing package not the TRD, leather and moon roof are not options unless for an aftermarket company through your dealer.

5. Jun 25, 2007 at 7:46 AM
    07TRDsport

07TRDsport [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    i have the TRD #1 (who needs that tinting rearview mirror when you have tint?!;))and the Towing package... shit thats $4,500 worth of goodies :D

6. Jun 25, 2007 at 8:15 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    As far as i know Bilstein doesn't make leaf springs and if you have good shocks then the leaf springs are less likely to bottom out. I also have never heard of any gas leaks with Bilstein unless they were abused to the point of breaking. They are standard on Mercedes and at one point were an optional upgrade on corvettes. They also prove themselves over and over on the Baja circuit, which is when they first became popular in America. There may be better shocks out there but bilstein is definately in the top of the list. I'll never put anything else on any of my vehicles.

Products Discussed in

To Top