Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shark fin

Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
tguil is on a distinguished road
tguil's Tacoma Gallery
Shark fin

I checked out the 2012 Double Cab TRD Sports and Off Roads that had just been delivered to my local dealer. All have the "shark fin" on their roofs...even those without satellite radio or any other fancy electronics. I'm starting to be OK with the new front end but it is going to take me a long time to be OK with that little piece of "committee worker". Just my two cents.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Did they replace the tradional metal antenna with a sharkfin instead?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
tguil is on a distinguished road
tguil's Tacoma Gallery
IMO it's almost like when Toyota mounted a stoplight on the roof of their 1994 Toyota pickup. I was in the market for a new truck at the time and was really considering a Toyota access cab because I liked my wife's 1992 Toyota regular cab. I bought a full size Silverado instead...mostly because of the funky stoplight location. I'm in the market for a 2012 truck to replace my 2007 Ram. I think the same thing may happen again. (Oh, the 2011 listed in my signature is my wife's. It's her third Toyota 4X4. She lets me drive it once in a while. )
Old 10-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
AntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to behold

AntennaX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
Nope, the '12's still have the antenna
Trucks will always have external front fender antennas. Most suv's now have rear roof mount antennas or mounted inside the back side rear window. Since trucks dont have rear windows that are angled enough for reception, we are stuck with the fender mount