Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed All Pro's 3" leaf an they are STIFF!!

Old 10-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Clzay is on a distinguished road
Name: Clay
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
Installed All Pro's 3" leaf an they are STIFF!!

I just installed All Pro's 3" (standard) leaf pack with a set of 5160 Bilstein rear shocks on my 2010 DC Prerunner and man the rear rides stiff like a lifted truck Everyone says how soft these leafs are, so I was hoping for something similar to my stock rear leafs w/TSB. But nope these things are actually kinda harsh over bumps, they don't seem to soak up bumps and are a lot stiffer than before. What to you guys think from you experiences with All Pro's rear leafs compared to stock??
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Allpro standard pack. They are extremely stiff. Like rattle your kidneys stiff.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSectionxEightx View Post
I have the Allpro standard pack. They are extremely stiff. Like rattle your kidneys stiff.
haha! Sorry to hear glad i'm not the only one who feels this way!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
theres alot of variables, but going from a 4 leaf pack to the Allpro standard 3" leaf pack was not very significant change... but modding no matter what you do will change the ride, usually harsher
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
try putting some weight in the back
Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I imagine once they get broken in they will be a little better. I have heard that they are pretty harsh though.

Fink
Old 10-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
try putting some weight in the back
They ride much better with about 300 lbs in the bed
Old 10-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
Yep I have some weight back there now, but might go back to stock leafs. I want a soft ride like stock, but was tryn to get the rear higher to match my spindle lift up front without running a block. Does anyone make a soft ridding leaf for the rear that has better travel an performance than stock?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Take it offroad and break it in.

If you want it to retain stock ride, keep it stock... if you want it to be an offroad vehicle, then be prepared for the give/take of modifications.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clzay View Post
Yep I have some weight back there now, but might go back to stock leafs. I want a soft ride like stock, but was tryn to get the rear higher to match my spindle lift up front without running a block. Does anyone make a soft ridding leaf for the rear that has better travel an performance than stock?
Just let them break in man there going to be stiff at first. My expos are stiff as hell for about 2 months and then they broke in and are a lot softer.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you're adding more leafs it'll never be soft. NEVER.

You can't have a work truck with a Cadillac ride. Choose one. Seriously...

I was a little surprised at how stiff the ride was after my lift, but it's one of those things - do you want stock ride height, or do you want a lift? If you want a lift, you're going to sacrifice ride comfort.

As others have said, they will break in - but don't expect the ride to be as soft as stock or better than stock. You can't have your cake and eat it too, sorry.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #13
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just installed All Pro's 3" (standard) leaf pack with a set of 5160 Bilstein rear shocks on my 2010 DC Prerunner and man the rear rides stiff like a lifted truck Everyone says how soft these leafs are, so I was hoping for something similar to my stock rear leafs w/TSB. But nope these things are actually kinda harsh over bumps, they don't seem to soak up bumps and are a lot stiffer than before. What to you guys think from you experiences with All Pro's rear leafs compared to stock??
You should've gone with some Deaver 12packs those are nice and soft and provide good lift but the are $$$$!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberumen2 View Post
wow, i'm shocked too. i was debating between the all pro or dakar. i'd like to know as well.
Dakar's are the same way, they start really stiff then soften up but still retain the lift and they maintain their payload capacity very well, I've had them for almost 3years now and they are perfect right now, still a little stiff but that's normal, offroad they handle great, as good as a moderate 3" lift goes.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
If you're adding more leafs it'll never be soft. NEVER.

You can't have a work truck with a Cadillac ride. Choose one. Seriously...

I was a little surprised at how stiff the ride was after my lift, but it's one of those things - do you want stock ride height, or do you want a lift? If you want a lift, you're going to sacrifice ride comfort.

As others have said, they will break in - but don't expect the ride to be as soft as stock or better than stock. You can't have your cake and eat it too, sorry.
So what about these SoCal people with there "desert style prerunner baja trucks" the back of those trucks are nice and soft. They're running what looks to be similar set-up, 11-12pack leafs and shocks. Nothing to crazy money wise and the back of those truck are soft an smushy. Thats i guess what i was hoping for, but cam nowhere close
Old 10-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass shock set ups and travel .
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #17
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what about these SoCal people with there "desert style prerunner baja trucks" the back of those trucks are nice and soft. They're running what looks to be similar set-up, 11-12pack leafs and shocks. Nothing to crazy money wise and the back of those truck are soft an smushy. Thats i guess what i was hoping for, but cam nowhere close
i think ur gonna need some better shocks homie! First of all, there is no comparison to LT and anything fairly stock so dont even keep tha thought in your mind that your truck will ride like theirs the way it is! Most LT trucks have a lot better springs and A LOT better shocks with very good valving and tuning to get them to ride like they do! Spend a few grand just on springs and shocks then ask your same question again! All im sayin is you're comparing two things that arent remotely close to eachother! Just listen to some of these folks advice and break those bitches in!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Ha ^
Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #19
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Put 500 lbs in the bed for a couple weeks and hit some bumps to break them in . If you still aren't happy I think you might be happy with the stock leafs and those bilsteins .
Old 10-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
i think ur gonna need some better shocks homie! First of all, there is no comparison to LT and anything fairly stock so dont even keep tha thought in your mind that your truck will ride like theirs the way it is! Most LT trucks have a lot better springs and A LOT better shocks with very good valving and tuning to get them to ride like they do! Spend a few grand just on springs and shocks then ask your same question again! All im sayin is you're comparing two things that arent remotely close to eachother! Just listen to some of these folks advice and break those bitches in!
Yea im gonna leave them on for a little and see if they soften up a bit. I just wasn't expecting them to be this hard, i don't tow a trailer and the only thing i do haul is my dirt bike... maybe i should have gone with another choice. Who makes a softer spring, that'll give me 2-3inches and rides soft like stock? Deaver maybe?