Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lemon Law

Old 10-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
rogerkamp8817 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
rogerkamp8817's Tacoma Gallery
Lemon Law

I've had my AC blower fan replaced twice and its still making noises. Do you guys know if the Lemon Law applies to this my situation if I get it replaced a 3rd time?

Besides the blower motor, the truck runs decent. Dash squeeksand chassis rattles a bit during take off. I'm just annoyed at how often I've had to bring it into the shop for minor things like this, expecially considering that it has less than 25,000 miles on it and I'm the original owner who really babies my truck. The worst part is the wait when I bring it in for service...
Old 10-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
all im going to say is that if that would qualify as a lemon law vehicle, all domestics would be lemons
Old 10-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
this^ haha...my dad has had to replace his ecu 2 times in a few weeks and maybe the third but the symptons are different so idk...its a GMC btw haha

i believe that is a common problem though among a few others on tacomas
Old 10-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
There is no such thing as a lemon law. If there was I would be driving a newer charger.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
There is no such thing as a lemon law. If there was I would be driving a newer charger.
Not true.

OP if something breaks down to the point where you can't drive it then it would apply. Check your state laws regarding lemon law.

Posted via
Old 10-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I have the same problem before 36000, now it just start today............. what the hell is going on TOYOTA?
I believe this is not lemon... cover it.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #8

Yeah, I'm getting so frustrated with it.

Its in the shop right now to get the bottom oil pan gasket replaced because it was leaking oil. I like the truck but I don't think I'm ever going to buy another Toyota. The service I've been getting at the dealerships has also been very poor. I brought it into a different dealership this morning and it took them more than an hr to get me a rental car even though my appointment was all set. They knew I was coming in with symptoms they already verified from this weekend's visit.

I also read the threads about the headlights going bad / melting and now I'm hesitate to park my truck in direct sunlight. This is a joke.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerkamp8817 View Post
Yeah, I'm getting so frustrated with it.

Its in the shop right now to get the bottom oil pan gasket replaced because it was leaking oil. I like the truck but I don't think I'm ever going to buy another Toyota. The service I've been getting at the dealerships has also been very poor. I brought it into a different dealership this morning and it took them more than an hr to get me a rental car even though my appointment was all set. They knew I was coming in with symptoms they already verified from this weekend's visit.

I also read the threads about the headlights going bad / melting and now I'm hesitate to park my truck in direct sunlight. This is a joke.
You can still drive the truck so I would guess no lemon law. Also no one has an exact reason to why the headlight lenses melt. I have 0 issues with melting.

Posted via
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Laws depend on state, some states it does not matter if the car is drive-able, just how many days you have been without the vehicle for so many days for the same issue in certain amount of time. Most are only for new cars within the first year.

Here is the law in CA. Seems to not state anything about being an issue that makes the car drive-able, but I did just skimmed over it.

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.php
Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #11

just got the truck back. they fixed the oil leak and the comments said the oil leak came from a seal due to "poor assembly. removed and resealed oil pan assembly no 2."

they weren't able to duplicate the fan noise this time it was in. this didn't really bother me because that's what i anticipated. at least this time the lady that logged me in was very polite and friendly. she told me she really wanted to get this resolved and wanted to keep the truck til tomorrow to try to replicate the noise again. i didn't want to take any more time away from work so i just asked for my car back. i'll bring it back when the fan is consistently noisy. this is DCH toyota scion in PCH. the last place i took it to, Hooman toyota, in Long Beach had me bring the car in 3-4 times. none of the techs there has heard of the AC blower fan issue and try to make me look like an idiot by saying they can't hear a thing as I sat in the car with them as the the fan squealed like crazy.

if this was a $15-$20k car, i probably wouldn't be so picky. but the fact that its 30k+, it is very frustrating.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
jetchef is on a distinguished road
jetchef's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 11 TRD Double cab. This will be my second blower. I waited 5 months for the first one to get fixed. They kept blowing me off till I called the Toyota rep. I can't believe its doing it again. Im pissed. This truck has been back for every TSB they put out and Im over it. I feel for you, it is an incredibly annoying sound.