1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY Stainless Steel Mesh Grill

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomtn, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
  2. Oct 18, 2011 at 1:31 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Thanks for the link. I think some of the diamond mesh will be perfect for my grill project.

3. Oct 19, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    Someone's got to have made their own! Even those other grill fabricators started somewhere....

4. Oct 24, 2011 at 4:09 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    I received my aluminum diamond mesh a couple days ago. Haven't put it in yet but I was very pleasantly surprised. Quality seemed great and the mesh was just the size I was looking for.

5. Apr 18, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    jonnycar1

jonnycar1 New Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    None at the moment
    None
    Just stumbled across this topic upon joining the forum figured I woudl throw in my 2 cents. Basically I would call my expertise, creating my own custom car grills.

Diamond Mesh always looks great in a DIY grill, I also like the square stuff in stainless steel ( Like this: http://www.bwire.com/ ).

The main problem that people make is jumping too fast at buying the actual mesh before looking at it closely and thinking about it.

Make sure you get some samples before you buy. You have to decide on what size wire mesh you need, opening size, dimensions, alloy, and wire diameter. That is a lot of variables and if you order the wrong mesh, you have made a very expensive mistake for yourself.

Any questions PM me.

6. Aug 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    muffly20

muffly20 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    03 doublecab SC 7th injector
    sc, 7th injector, full trd exhaust, fab tech 6in lift, 1.25 spacers, pro comp xtreme m/ts, roof rack with lights, Unichip programmer, tail light guards, MC rear bumper, audio system, relocated duel batteries.
    Thinking about doing a diamond mesh insert for my taco. Anyone have pics of an 03 they've done themselves?

7. Apr 8, 2016 at 10:16 AM
    Tex-Tac

Tex-Tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 Extended Double Cab Desert Sand Mica
    Installed Overhead Compass and Temperature Display along with outside temperature sensor and wiring; LED lights reverse backup; LED license plate lights; Added GTA Bluetooth Audio kit to stock radio for iphone audio; Spare tire steel braided air hose extension connection to rear bumper; Installed new headlights along with new bulbs PIAA H4 XTreme and for fog lights PIAA H10 XTreme bulbs. Installed new hood with "hood-scoop". Installed Predator Side Steps. Replaced front chrome grill with customized color matched (Desert Sand Mica) grill with added TOYOTA lettering (also in matched color), installed and secured tailgate anti-theft devices. Also installed a new external TPMS monitor for all 4 tires.
    Sub'd

Products Discussed in

To Top