Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 4x4 Tacoma and Leveling Kits

Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
cnorsch26 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chuck
cnorsch26's Tacoma Gallery
2012 4x4 Tacoma and Leveling Kits

In college I leased my first Tacoma as that was the year Toyota debuted the double cab Pre-Runner (2001). Since it was a lease, I was not able to modify it outside of better but same size tires, window tint, etc. It was the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Today I just purchased a 2012 double cab with the TRD Sport package and it is a 4x4. I was told by the sales agent they made some small changes to the body this year (as well as the interior...the nav/tech package is incredible, btw).

My question is about installing a leveling kit so I can get an extra 2 inches to increase the height and width of the tires. However, im not finding any leveling kits that say they will fit a 2012 and since the toyota agent said they made changes to the body, im wondering and wanting to make sure if I buy a leveling kit for a tachoma made from 2005-2011 it will fit a 2012 model. Im thinking that since the 2012's just came out, makers and suppliers of leveling kits for tacomas simply havent updated thier product descriptions to say "compatible with 2005-2012 models"...but becuase of what the sales agent said, I am now wanting full verification before purchasing.

Anyone know the answer and if so, where were you able to find that information? Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, if it makes any difference I am wanting to use a leveling kit from ReadyLift. Everything I have read and heard suggests they are the best bang for the buck....

Thanks again for your time.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
i'd personally go with 5100's but that's what i have and like, cant answer you're question about the 2012 tho, i'd imagine they're the same but i'm not gonna feed you false information
Old 10-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
cnorsch26 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chuck
cnorsch26's Tacoma Gallery
"i'd personally go with 5100's..."
-------------------
thanks for looking at my post and giving me your thoughts.

This might sound annoying, but im as new as they come to the world of upgrading, modifying, etc...and I dont know what "5100's" are. Can you explain in more detail or point me in the right direction? I would like to check out your suggestion.

thanks.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 10-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Give the company you want to buy from a call, verify, order. Best bang for your buck is arguable. Guys here like billy 5100's for lifting/leveling. Go do DSM.com or downsouthmotorsports.com and look at them. Give them a call in the a.m. and go from there. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
5100’s are shocks. but i’m don’t now to much about them. and i don’t know about any changes from the ’05 to ‘11 VS the ’12. other than front bumper and stuff on the in side. like "Kessler89” said i’m not going to tell you something that maybe wrong.

something els that may help you with learning stuff at the top on the blue bar. a search witch you can search the site for anything you can think of. there a word “glossary” it tells you what some things mean. and beside it is a "site info" that may help if learning stuff too. on allot of post on here you’ll see stuff like. SAS, AAL, BHLM, TSB. the glossary will tell you what all they mean.