Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100's rear part #

Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100's rear part #

Hey guys real quick question...

There are 2 different part #'s for the billy's in the rear. Is there any difference between the two?

BE5-C476-HO & BE5-C478-TO

Before I order them I want to be sure that one isn't different from the other in any way.

Thanks!!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Paul, I forget which one is which, but one is for the driver's side and the other is for the passenger side. The longer shock is for the driver's side.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

I think thats for the models up to 2004 but for the 2005 they are the same in the rear (i think ) also the above are part #'s from two different shops that carry the 5100s for my truck.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go
Front: BE5-C477-TO

Rear: BE5-C478-TO
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
here ya go
Front: BE5-C477-TO

Rear: BE5-C478-TO
Yes that is down south motorsports part #'s but another shop that sells the same ones is as follows:

Front: BE5-C475-HO

Rear: BE5-C476-HO

Is there a difference?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. I had to crawl under my truck for this:
My rear shocks are: F4-BE5-C476-HO both sides.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ok. I had to crawl under my truck for this:
My rear shocks are: F4-BE5-C476-HO both sides.
Nice! Just ordered those puppies... should be here in 2 days! Hope I have the tools to do it myself I think it should be rather easy. thanks chris!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Nice! Just ordered those puppies... should be here in 2 days! Hope I have the tools to do it myself I think it should be rather easy. thanks chris!
Its really easy to install. Post pics when your done!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I believe there new part# but they are the same from what sunny said.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ok, since this is a rear 5100 thread...... why would ONLY the passenger side rear shock top-out harshly when im off road? I've never heard or felt the one on the drivers side do it but the passenger rear does it somewhat regularly when going through ruts, etc. i've got about 2" lift under the back.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #11
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
The difference is the warranty. The ones from Downsouth were given a different part number because they don't have a lifttime warranty. In order for Bilstein to give them better pricing they had to nix the warranty and give them a different part number for identify during warranty claims. The ones from ToyTec have a lifetime warranty, not sure about the ones from Wheelers and other places. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the DownSouth Bilsteins. This is what I was advised by Doug the president of ToyTec. Hope it helps.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
ok, since this is a rear 5100 thread...... why would ONLY the passenger side rear shock top-out harshly when im off road? I've never heard or felt the one on the drivers side do it but the passenger rear does it somewhat regularly when going through ruts, etc. i've got about 2" lift under the back.
The stock shocks, or the 510's. My Stock shocks topprd out like mad, but the 5100's dont.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #13
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they're the 5100's chris. the stock ones did it bad, these arent as bad but the passenger rear does it with a solid 'bang' when im wheelin or hit a speed bump a bit fast.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
now i got to look i swear both rears were the same!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
they're the 5100's chris. the stock ones did it bad, these arent as bad but the passenger rear does it with a solid 'bang' when im wheelin or hit a speed bump a bit fast.
Could be a defective shock. Mine dont top out at all.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Could be a defective shock. Mine dont top out at all.
alright, thanks chris. i'll try to look into it an see what Wheeler's can do about it.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #17

Got the rear shocks in on Friday last week... Going to try and do the install some time this week. Anybody have a write up on replacing the rear shocks? I do better with instructions lol.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Got the rear shocks in on Friday last week... Going to try and do the install some time this week. Anybody have a write up on replacing the rear shocks? I do better with instructions lol.
Remove bottom bolt on stock shock. Remove top nut. Remove shock. Replace with new in the revers order.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Remove bottom bolt on stock shock. Remove top nut. Remove shock. Replace with new in the revers order.
Lol. Do I need to jack up the truck, take the wheels off and let the leaf springs hang to remove the shock? You make it sound so simple.. if I don't have to remove anything I will go do it right now! Oh also, do I need to torque the bolts at all?

Thanks Chris!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
No need to jack up the rear, Paul. Just undo bolts, take off old shocks, replace with new ones and replace bolts.... done!