Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Grille for my Tacoma

Old 06-21-2007, 06:34 AM   #21
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyochips26 View Post
now you're making me afraid that i'm not going to like the look of it once i have it installed
If you like chrome then i'm sure you'll dig it. i just dont like chrome, it's a personal preference. I'm trying to get rid of all the factory chrome on my truck, but very few people do that.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #22
stackyochips26 is on a distinguished road

stackyochips26's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stackyochips26
Well my grille came today, and right when i walked in the door i was disappointed. I looked and i saw this small box that looked like it could fit a poster at most. When i opened it i was sad to only see the grille for the bumper and side vents, which means i'm still missing the main center and the hood scoop. Hopefully i'll get this handled quickly cus my truck will look silly without em.
Not only that, but the instructions are shit and from what it sounds like with the cutting and all the install isn't going to be all that easy.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:24 AM   #23
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
do what i do when stuff is hard.... give up

When the goin gets tough.... i leave
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #24
Dallas H is on a distinguished road
Dallas H's Tacoma Gallery
grill

what brand did you get? mine was grille craft, the instructions were excellent. hope the fit is better than the directions. grill craft makes the same stlye grill you bought, if your unhappy send it back and get a grill craft. I have put custom grills in three trucks i've owned. a stull in a f350, a belltech in a silverado, and the grill craft in my tacoma, the grill craft was way superior in every way.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:09 AM   #27

Well i listen to people earlier and bought mine on ebay which might have been a mistake.
I did receive my center grille but i am still missing my hood scoop.
I have no instructions for the side vents so i just winged it by drilling a hole in existing and screwing it in, it kinda sticks out a bit but hell its the best i could do.
The grillecraft grill is basically exactly like mine.
So far I've installed the side vents and the bumper grille. I found http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/i...?install_id=48 which will help me do my center piece. But still i cant find instructions on the side vents, I might put em on the way you are suppose to, but there has to be a better way to make them not stick out so much.
Hopefully these guys will email me back and i will get the hood scoop grille soon because the install looks relatively easy.

As soon as i get everything installed ill post some pics

Oh and if anyone knows exactly how your suppose to install the side vents i'd like to know.

On the brighter side i'm excited cus i ordered my 3" toytec lift kit yesterday!
Old 06-28-2007, 06:40 PM   #28

well after bickering with the company i bought it from with their reply time of 1 day, they finally admitted that they fucked up and didn't send me the scoop, at first they were saying i lost it.
So they are now sending it to me.
Anyway i'm still yet to work up the courage and hack out my existing grille, but i probably will soon, and once i get the easy scoop installed as well ill post pics. And possibly by that time my truck might be riding 3 inches higher!