1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Grille for my Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stackyochips26, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Jun 21, 2007 at 6:34 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    If you like chrome then i'm sure you'll dig it. i just dont like chrome, it's a personal preference. I'm trying to get rid of all the factory chrome on my truck, but very few people do that.

2. Jun 26, 2007 at 9:02 PM
    stackyochips26

stackyochips26 [OP] Member

Member:
    Well my grille came today, and right when i walked in the door i was disappointed. I looked and i saw this small box that looked like it could fit a poster at most. When i opened it i was sad to only see the grille for the bumper and side vents, which means i'm still missing the main center and the hood scoop. Hopefully i'll get this handled quickly cus my truck will look silly without em.
    Not only that, but the instructions are shit and from what it sounds like with the cutting and all the install isn't going to be all that easy.

3. Jun 27, 2007 at 5:24 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    do what i do when stuff is hard.... give up :(

When the goin gets tough.... i leave

4. Jun 27, 2007 at 9:32 PM
    Dallas H

Dallas H New Member

Member:
    what brand did you get? mine was grille craft, the instructions were excellent. hope the fit is better than the directions. grill craft makes the same stlye grill you bought, if your unhappy send it back and get a grill craft. I have put custom grills in three trucks i've owned. a stull in a f350, a belltech in a silverado, and the grill craft in my tacoma, the grill craft was way superior in every way.

5. Jun 28, 2007 at 2:16 AM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
  6. Jun 28, 2007 at 2:34 AM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
  7. Jun 28, 2007 at 7:09 AM
    stackyochips26

Member:
    Well i listen to people earlier and bought mine on ebay which might have been a mistake.
    I did receive my center grille but i am still missing my hood scoop.
    I have no instructions for the side vents so i just winged it by drilling a hole in existing and screwing it in, it kinda sticks out a bit but hell its the best i could do.
    The grillecraft grill is basically exactly like mine.
    So far I've installed the side vents and the bumper grille. I found http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/install_detail.aspx?install_id=48 which will help me do my center piece. But still i cant find instructions on the side vents, I might put em on the way you are suppose to, but there has to be a better way to make them not stick out so much.
    Hopefully these guys will email me back and i will get the hood scoop grille soon because the install looks relatively easy.

As soon as i get everything installed ill post some pics

Oh and if anyone knows exactly how your suppose to install the side vents i'd like to know.

On the brighter side i'm excited cus i ordered my 3" toytec lift kit yesterday!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Jun 28, 2007 at 6:40 PM
    stackyochips26

Member:
    well after bickering with the company i bought it from with their reply time of 1 day, they finally admitted that they fucked up and didn't send me the scoop, at first they were saying i lost it.
    So they are now sending it to me.
    Anyway i'm still yet to work up the courage and hack out my existing grille, but i probably will soon, and once i get the easy scoop installed as well ill post pics. And possibly by that time my truck might be riding 3 inches higher! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top