Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Grille for my Tacoma

Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
stackyochips26 is on a distinguished road

stackyochips26's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stackyochips26
New Grille for my Tacoma

I am really considering getting a new chrome grille for my Tacoma and after searching for awhile i found this http://www.american-truck-auto.com/b...ma_20895.shtml
which has a package 285 which includes the main center grill, bumper grill, and side vents and for another 55 dollars i can get the the hood scoop grille.
All together it costs me $350 shipped

Before i decide to go ahead and hand over my hard earned money i was wondering if anyone has any comments on what i have decided or if theres another place i should go for a better deal/grille.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Map06TRD is on a distinguished road
Map06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Map06TRD
u can find those on ebay cheaper.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Map06TRD View Post
u can find those on ebay cheaper.
definitely check out ebay......ive seen them much cheaper on there.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
I agree

I would agree, check out ebay. Just make sure you deal with someone with a very high percentage of positive feedback.

I just installed a my grille and I got it here http://www.eautoworks.com/html/searc...llet~Grill.htm
but I didn't need the wings or hood scoop pieces.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
Map06TRD is on a distinguished road
Map06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Map06TRD
i like my Lund
Old 06-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #7

Thanks for the advice i checked ebay i found the same full kit for $140 + $60 for shipping. I was considering shaving off another 60 bucks by not going with stainless steel, but i figured i plan on having it for a long time to come so why be cheap =/. Looks like its a good seller as well with 25000 sells and 97% pos. feedback.
Link to what i'm going with http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...QQcmdZViewItem

I was about to buy the other today for 350 shipped, but i thought i'd check with some of you guys here and you saved me $150. THANKS
Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyochips26 View Post
Thanks for the advice i checked ebay i found the same full kit for $140 + $60 for shipping. I was considering shaving off another 60 bucks by not going with stainless steel, but i figured i plan on having it for a long time to come so why be cheap =/. Looks like its a good seller as well with 25000 sells and 97% pos. feedback.
Link to what i'm going with http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...QQcmdZViewItem

I was about to buy the other today for 350 shipped, but i thought i'd check with some of you guys here and you saved me $150. THANKS

always good to save money!!!!!!! post pics when you get it installed!!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
Dallas H is on a distinguished road
Dallas H's Tacoma Gallery
my grill

I installed this grille several weeks ago. about 250 for both pcs. fit was perfect.GrillcraftNew Grille for my Tacoma-grille.jpg
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #10
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome grill + black truck =

IMO
Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Dallas.. that turned out pretty good.. ive been looking to do the same to mine.. and you have shown me what it looks like i like it but i think black would look a tad bit better with the everything being color matched red with your truck and the everything else black except the badges.. just in my opinion.

but thanks for that pic how long did it take you to do the switch?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post

IMO
Hehe, ya i saw your truck with the whole all black look is pretty sick, but i still think my truck will look sweet once i get some chrome rims and my chrome grille, and maybe later on some chrome tube steps, of course i still need to get my exhaust and lift first tho >.<
Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 AM   #13
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post

IMO

I agree, i'm not a big fan of chrome. I have chrome trim around my grill that i'm gonna get rid of soon. a guy at my work has an identical truck to mine, except his is the sport and has black trim arount the grill and he hates it. he said he would be happy to swap out with me. I'm thinking about doing that. The only concern i have is that his truck is an 05 and mine is an 07. his paint has been exposed to two years more sunlight than mine. i dont want to swap out just to find that his black trim is a few shades lighter than my paint. what do you guys think?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #14
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Swapping out Chrome Grille for Black

ND, I have seen the all black grille's on ebay for pretty cheap (40-50 bucks) and they are band new supposedly. You might check there before trading for one that is two years old with bug guts on it already.
Just a thought
Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #16
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
im not looking for the whole grill, just the trim around it.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #17
Dallas H is on a distinguished road
Dallas H's Tacoma Gallery
grill installation

after getting the grill I was sorry I didnt order it in black, It is actually silver powder coat, but I am going to paint the small triangular parts and the hood scoop insert silver to match, then there will be no other black stuff on the truck. it took about 2.5 hrs. the top was easy, I used a 3 inch putty knife, heated it red hot to slice the center section away, and a 1/8 wire bent 90 deg. red hot also, to put the 6 holes in the inside, not much room for a drill motor. the lower required removing the bumper cover,still very easy. It was a good time to remove the ugly black piece of do nothing plastic it the bottom of the lower grill, no cutting required on the lower, just six holes, screws and clips.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #18
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I agree, i'm not a big fan of chrome. I have chrome trim around my grill that i'm gonna get rid of soon. a guy at my work has an identical truck to mine, except his is the sport and has black trim arount the grill and he hates it. he said he would be happy to swap out with me. I'm thinking about doing that. The only concern i have is that his truck is an 05 and mine is an 07. his paint has been exposed to two years more sunlight than mine. i dont want to swap out just to find that his black trim is a few shades lighter than my paint. what do you guys think?
I doubt you'll notice any difference. Just give it a good polish and wax.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:44 AM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks pb, i'll probably give it a shot.

BTW map06TRD, that would be a real nice picture if i didnt see a chevy in the background.... oh well, at least the two taco's are in the lead
Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 AM   #20

now you're making me afraid that i'm not going to like the look of it once i have it installed