Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone have experience with these brakes?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
For the price of $119 I'd be a bit hesitant. Do you really need drilled rotors? Mine cost 4k if that gives you any idea.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I posted the link...just was quoted 120 ea for rotors and 84 for pads from the stealership...I thought this ebay price sounded too good to be true.
I know I don't need drilled rotors...but I like the price! hopefully someone will respond that has tried them...
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nobody NEEDS drilled rotors but they are pretty cool. Literally. (That's why I got them) This is the price for only fronts. I got front and back. http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2012/2126.html

Good luck with your decision.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #5

wow...must be nice to be wealthy!
I don't want to skimp on my brakes...but would like to save a few bucks...if anyone can vouch for the ebay ones I might pull the trigger. Those expensive ones are WAY out of my league price wise.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #6

Not wealthy, at all. Its just that to me, brakes are a priority over anything else on a car that has the power that it does. And besides, the car was ordered that way, wasn't an add on so it's all in the price of the vehicle.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #7

Update...

Well, I did a little more research on these brakes, and I am going to pass. Don't want to take any chances with my brakes, and I read these rotors warp...
would still be interested in hearing of anyone's experiences with this product.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It looks like cheap ebay junk. Get some Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads. EBC is all good.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
Wolfrunner is on a distinguished road

Army: Instructor, 3/414th D. Co.
Wolfrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a set of EBC greenstuff pads and raybestos R-300 rotors on wednesday and have to say that the difference is pretty big. I had alot of problems with brake fade with the factory pads and have no problems now. The rotors wont crack cause they are not drilled and the pads wont wear as fast as the Yellowstuff. I have talked to a couple other guys that work for the same company as me and they say that they are getting pretty long life out of the greenstuff.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Wolfrunner is on a distinguished road

Army: Instructor, 3/414th D. Co.
Wolfrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thoses rotors through my work are 90.00 a piece and very much worth it. I got the pads through Compitition Specialties for under a 100.00.