Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Y-pipe Options

Old 11-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Y-pipe Options

I just purchased the DT long tube headers, and I'm trying to decide if it is really worth getting rid of the stock y-pipe.

The only aftermarket y-pipe I would buy would be the DT pipe bomb, so if anyone knows anything about the main differences, then you should try to convince me to go either way.

I think I would get too much noise from the URD pipe, so I'm staying away from it.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post
I just purchased the DT long tube headers, and I'm trying to decide if it is really worth getting rid of the stock y-pipe.

The only aftermarket y-pipe I would buy would be the DT pipe bomb, so if anyone knows anything about the main differences, then you should try to convince me to go either way.

I think I would get too much noise from the URD pipe, so I'm staying away from it.

i have the pipe bomb and i love it... if u gut all 4 of ur cats its gonna be retarded loud, but some people like that.... alot of people are keeping the stock y-pipe to keep the tone down, the long tubes are gonna make the truck loud as it is, its up to u goodluck
Old 11-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
i have the pipe bomb and i love it... if u gut all 4 of ur cats its gonna be retarded loud, but some people like that.... alot of people are keeping the stock y-pipe to keep the tone down, the long tubes are gonna make the truck loud as it is, its up to u goodluck

How loud is "loud"

I'm putting in an electric cutout as well, and I doubt it's gonna be as loud as that.

I still have a flowmaster 50 series on it, so it can't be ridiculous right?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

heres a clip
Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
Tuned By Gadget

with long tubes itll be louder than that
Old 11-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I suppose I'll just stick with the headers for now until I get them installed, and then base my decision on the volume of the headers.

Thanks for your help.