Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brand new Tacoma rust??

Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shoghi
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Brand new Tacoma rust??

Hey guys, I just picked up my brand new Tacoma today from Toyota, and as I was admiring it in my driveway I noticed there was tiny tiny little rust specs all over the hood and fenders!! Any idea what this could be?? A brand new truck shouldn't already have rust on it!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
Likely to be rust specks from when the truck was delivered by rail or truck from the plant, to your dealership.

Wash it, clay it (this removes the tiny contaminants from the clearcoat that gather up and show like rust specks), wax it. Good to go.

I had the same rust spots on my truck.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
RockRescue is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
RockRescue's Tacoma Gallery
I would take it back to the dealer and let them wash it clay it and wax it till you were happy with it .