Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got some Bushwackers w/ lift, b4 and after pics!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
looking good! did those replace the factory flares or go over them? how was the install?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!

Are you running wheel spacers or just wide tires?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
They look really nice!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
DizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant future
Navy:
Name: Dennis
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Those look Great! I love the black on silver look! I'm thinking of getting those for my truck too. How much did they cost, and where did you get them?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of the bushwackers on the silver better than the stock plain black flares.

And youve picked a wheel that goes well with the combination.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
BRUINS 4 LIFE
drade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
drade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
nice looking truck bud. do the bushwackers increase clearance
Sorry guys I am a busy student didn't know I would get so much feedback!

1. The flares were bought of auto anything, they were 393$ :/. Pretty expensive but I love the look, it's very unique on silver.

2. They don't add to much coverage, but at the bottoms they act like mudguards, and I have had a lot less rock damage on my truck. They claim over 1.75" but I beg to differ.

3. No I do not have wheel-spacers. My rims have a -12 offset I think it is called which makes my 33's stick out a lot.

4. You have to take the factory flares off, which is really easy. You do not have to drill in the body of your truck, only on the front plastic fender, read more. Install was a pain in the arse in the front. The backs bolt right up. They use existing mounting tabs, no clips, you use a screw system. The come pre-drilled and the install took about two hours. In the front, you do have to drill two holes in your front bumper. BUT, the stock flares have more coverage on the paint than the bushwackers, so if you ever put your stocks on, nothing will ever be noticeable.

5. I am very happy with the flares, they have served me well so far offroading and take a lot of abuse from rocks and mud. I don't have to worry so much about my paint, which is a relief.

I can put more pics upon request, I have tons, never thought people liked my setup!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
nice! considering getting some of these, and the claimed 1.75" of coverage is just how wide the flares are, its not 1.75" of ADDITIONAL coverage...kinda vague in the product description
Old 10-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I love the silver & black look. When I started reading this I thought you replaced the painted flairs.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
All those bolt heads around the outside are just cosmetic and they do not use the factory clips, they just use factory bolt holes inside the wheelwell plus two new holes in the bumper.

So theyre not as securely attached as factory flares.

I ended up replacing a few of the cosmetic torx heads with real actual functional screws into the fender.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
All those bolt heads around the outside are just cosmetic and they do not use the factory clips, they just use factory bolt holes inside the wheelwell plus two new holes in the bumper.

So theyre not as securely attached as factory flares.

I ended up replacing a few of the cosmetic torx heads with real actual functional screws into the fender.
I'm not sure I understand. How do these mount to the bolt holes? And what kind of screws did you use?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #16
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Same (6?) screws holding on the existing factory mudflaps and factory fender flares that are inside the wheelwell.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
For supplemental screws, I used stainless philips head sheetmetal screws. Yes, this means I drilled holes in my fenders. I sealed them with caulk against rust.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #18
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Same (6?) screws holding on the existing factory mudflaps and factory fender flares that are inside the wheelwell.
So the factory fenders are held on by screws and clips, but the bushwackers are just the screws?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #19
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Yep.