Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Overhead Compass/Temp Fix

Old 11-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #42
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
the overhead console??
Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #43
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
Ok how can we get toyota to issue a TSB for this problem.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #44
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think we should really issue it. mainly because it wont effect the performance of the truck and such and such. and another reason is, i think, its not that hard to do. it only takes 20 minutes to do
Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
i dont think we should really issue it. mainly because it wont effect the performance of the truck and such and such. and another reason is, i think, its not that hard to do. it only takes 20 minutes to do
Yeah I hear ya but when i pay 33 grand for a truck I kind of want everything to work for a while and not have to solder any chips myself. Its one thing to improve the truck but this seems like a flaw. But oh well atleast i am able to fix it in the future.

I really do tell a lot of people about this site. Its amazing how much I have learned on here. And everyone is willing to give advice or lend a hand!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #46
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i mean it took 2 years for my screen to go out. and thst seems to be the average. yeah but i do get what youre saying. yeah i know i signed up for this site on either saturday or sunday, and i have learned alot as well. what year is your truck?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #47

Mine is an 07. i have just got my 3rd oil change. 15,000 miles
Old 11-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #48
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
ha you might be good for another year. hey when the time comes, just follow those instructions on this thread, and it will be no problem. If you need any other help with anything at all, just let me know.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #49
misc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
misc's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 2005 4 years ago last month & it just went out last month.

It varies from truck to truck, but I think it will be a common problem with all of the 05+'s
Old 11-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #50
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i guess it does vary ha. and i have an '06
Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #51
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Mine took about 3 years to go out
Old 11-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #52
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
i guess that was a wrong statement to say. :/
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #53
isusww is on a distinguished road
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
I just completed this task on my '05. It was a pain in the butt, only took 1o minutes, but it saved me some cash. Plus, it just gave me some ownership pride that I could fix it.

Thanks for the right up!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #54
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
i felt the same way when i was done with mine. why was it a pain??
Old 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #55
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
i had to fix it a 2nd time last night. is it possible for the whole board to go out?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #56
misc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shedmisc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
misc's Tacoma Gallery
After seeing the quality of the solder on the board, anything is possible.

When you did it the 1st time, did you resolder all of the 510s or just the one that was obviously broken?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #57
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
After seeing the quality of the solder on the board, anything is possible.

When you did it the 1st time, did you resolder all of the 510s or just the one that was obviously broken?
the one that was broken, the other 510 was fine.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #58
misc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
the one that was broken, the other 510 was fine.
Just an FYI, its a good idea to just resolder all the 510s. I have heard of people just fixing one side & having to come back for the other side of the same resistor or for the other resistor...
Old 12-04-2008, 07:26 AM   #59
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
Just an FYI, its a good idea to just resolder all the 510s. I have heard of people just fixing one side & having to come back for the other side of the same resistor or for the other resistor...
i will have to do.that i guess
Old 12-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #60
georgibakalov is on a distinguished road
georgibakalov's Tacoma Gallery
thank you!

thank you so much! you saved me so much money. now i won't get lost in my Tacoma
here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Overhead Compass/Temp Fix-img_0029.jpg   Overhead Compass/Temp Fix-img_0030.jpg