Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 with a factory IPOD connection to my Factory radio - problem

Old 10-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
09 with a factory IPOD connection to my Factory radio - problem

I have an 09 with a factory radio with the ipod connection in the glove box. I have no manual on this setup in my truck documentation. I bought this truck new. The radio has been replaced one time due to another problem. The Ipod plays ok when connected to the radio, but does not advance to the next song without me using the advance forward button on the radio. I have no idea whether this is the way it should work or not. It is fustrating if this is all it will do.

Is this normal? If so, what can I do to get it to advance to the next song without my help. Nothing is wrong with the ipod. It shuffles without being connected to the radio.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
ok, I figured it out. My stock truck/radio came with just the ipod connection and nothing else. It works like it should. Just the bare minimum. Just an interface and nothing else!

I will be purchasing the PA15-TOY ipod cable and installing it myself. This will give me more function at the head unit.