1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aux light switch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by myth01, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Oct 29, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    myth01

myth01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    eclipse nav.-w/ Bluetooth & iPod 3'' revtech add a leaf lift kit snug top ss truck cap dive tank racks in back Aux fuse box Aux back up lights, w/ interior fj cruiser stock switch Back up cam Turn signal cams Interior inverter -switched Aux audio/video inputs -RCA (including iPhone cable)w/ 4 input switch Mag light mount Tyredog stand alone tpms Spare tire extension hose Avid off road light bar(powder coated)
    Ok so I'm gonna use the fj cruiser aux light switch. I know how it wires up. My question is the spare connectors behind the lower blanks. I need the parking light circuit. Does it exist in these spare plugs. Or where is the easiest spot to find that circuit and ground close by?

2. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    myth01

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    eclipse nav.-w/ Bluetooth & iPod 3'' revtech add a leaf lift kit snug top ss truck cap dive tank racks in back Aux fuse box Aux back up lights, w/ interior fj cruiser stock switch Back up cam Turn signal cams Interior inverter -switched Aux audio/video inputs -RCA (including iPhone cable)w/ 4 input switch Mag light mount Tyredog stand alone tpms Spare tire extension hose Avid off road light bar(powder coated)
  3. Oct 30, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    myth01

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    Ok so with no answer here, I did a little r&d myself. I wanted to put the switch in the middle blank between the factory fog, and inverter. I used a long screw driver from up though the coin/fuse door to pop out the middle blank. Well to my surprise there was a green plug that looked just like the one I got for the fj switch. Figuring the wiring was the same I tested the prongs on the green plug. The bottom green wire was the parking light hot, and the green with white stripe was the ground. So using a cut fork stake on I taped into the parking ct. With no splicing. Now all I have left to do is run the switch leg to the relay, and bring a hot to the switch. Super EASY!

4. Oct 30, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    2chains

2chains Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC LB 3" Revtek lift
    3" Revtek lift, k&n 63-9025 intake, tailgate debadge, OEM Bed mat, decals gone. helo black max 6 bs 4.5 os-12,duratrac 285 70 17,smittybilt light bar, kc slimlites, pioneer pb3300 bt, window tint, weathertech digfits, raider lorider elite tonneau, at2525xl,
    thanks for the update, lots of folks probably doing h'ween stuff last night so probably why you didn't get any responses...any pics to explain this better?

Products Discussed in

To Top