Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

High Lift lack lock on 2nd gen

Old 11-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
High Lift lack lock on 2nd gen

As most of you have seen my high lift jack & mount, I have a issue now. I had to remove my cover for hunting purposes, and now I need to come up with some sort of locking system.
I want to lock the jack to the truck itself, and after looking at it I can't come up with anything. I have 4 days before I leave, so a mod is do-able if need be.
Think about it and let me know, a pic would be great also if you have any.
Thanks...
Old 11-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco

I have a cable lock onto the tie down.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
bad thing mine is mounted in the front and I don't have the D-rings in the front.....yet.
But I like the way you did it
Thanks, it was the best I could think of at the time, and cheap
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
How is this

install a rivet nut (pic below) above and below the main upright of the jack. Install a eye bolts into each rivet nut and run a hitch pin lock thru both eye bolts.

The best I could think of on short notice. I hope it makes sense
Attached Thumbnails
High Lift lack lock on 2nd gen-img_popnutimg.jpg  
Old 11-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
How is this

install a rivet nut (pic below) above and below the main upright of the jack. Install a eye bolts into each rivet nut and run a hitch pin lock thru both eye bolts.

The best I could think of on short notice. I hope it makes sense
How strong is that with the composite bed?
Old 11-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
thats what the bed tracks are mounted with, they would be sure I'd say. It's mostly a deterrant anyway, if they want it they'll take it right?