LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Power distribution options

Old 10-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
sgtpepper is just really nicesgtpepper is just really nicesgtpepper is just really nicesgtpepper is just really nice
sgtpepper's Tacoma Gallery
Power distribution options

I'm on a search for a power distribution panel to run all the after market electronics .. lights/amps/compressor/etc.

Figured I'd throw a hook out here and see if anyone has suggestions. Looking for something with:

- fused high amp circuits
- fused low amp circuits
- relay sockets
- covered (water proof/resistant for under-hood mount)
..basically the same options an OEM power panel would include.

I've found a few options (Blue Sea, etc) but not all the features i'm after.
Starting to think this may have to be a custom build or a trip to the junk yard to pull a PDM out of a Jeep or something.

Here's one that comes close, but no relay sockets

Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i need some type of power management as well or at least i will very soon.

i have no idea what i need though lol. how do you integrate the relays from all the after market harnesses? as of now i have a winch i'm adding in the next few days. i also have the hellas behind the grill the vision-x leds and the arb fog lights in the near future i also plan on adding onboard air and lockers. i need some type of solution to all the wiring what do you suggest for me lol.

sorry to thread jack but, you seem to understand more about this stuff than i do.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i need some type of power management as well or at least i will very soon.

i have no idea what i need though lol. how do you integrate the relays from all the after market harnesses? as of now i have a winch i'm adding in the next few days. i also have the hellas behind the grill the vision-x leds and the arb fog lights in the near future i also plan on adding onboard air and lockers. i need some type of solution to all the wiring what do you suggest for me lol.

sorry to thread jack but, you seem to understand more about this stuff than i do.
for lights and oba maybe blue sea systems would work for you. 100 amp total with 30 amps a circuit. i have a 12 circuit with 12 grounds mounted in a box that also has 2 relays as well
Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have like 4 relays and wire harnesses as of right now. i'm also adding a winch and in a couple of months going with a yellow top optima deep cycle battery. but before the end of the up coming summer i also plan on gearing and adding lockers at both ends and an onboard air system. then i'm going to up grade the alternator with a mean green and possibly have another battery solely for the winch.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
sgtpepper is just really nicesgtpepper is just really nicesgtpepper is just really nicesgtpepper is just really nice
sgtpepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just want to keep things simple and i don't really know how to do much else other than using the harnesses provided to me from the manufactures of my accessories and lighting.
..pick up a unit from Blue Sea (http://bluesea.com/category/81/21/pr...e/overview/431) and buddy up with a 12V geek to help you wire it.

I'm starting to think a unit like that WITH relay sockets doesnt exist. Everything I've found so far has the relays running separately.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I used a blue sea fuse box and made a panel that it mounts to with space for relays. After doing all of that I found the one below that looks pretty good too.

http://www.wagongear.com/WiredWagon.html

Old 10-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i just want to keep things simple and i don't really know how to do much else other than using the harnesses provided to me from the manufactures of my accessories and lighting.
the harnesses can always be modified ive modified several of mine in order to make the it do what i want
Old 10-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm no electrical guru , but is this along the lines of what you were looking for OP ?

I was checking this out awhile back .

http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/800-000-000.htm
Old 10-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTacoma View Post
for lights and oba maybe blue sea systems would work for you. 100 amp total with 30 amps a circuit. i have a 12 circuit with 12 grounds mounted in a box that also has 2 relays as well
Pictures please
Old 10-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Pictures please