Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 fronts @ 1.75"

Old 10-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
vtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to behold

Army:
vtmactech's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 fronts @ 1.75"

I am wanting to level my regular cab 4x4. Measuring at the center of the hub, from the ground to the top of the fender opening, the front is 2" lower than the rear. Factory suspension w/o the rear TSB. ARB front bumper.

Will I need anything besides the shocks and an alignment? Any drivetrain geometry issues with 1.75" lift in the front? Not looking to lift, just level.

If down the road I do get the rear TSB which will raise the rear by another inch, and I set the front to 2.5", will that level of lift cause an issues with drivetrain geometry?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
vtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Anyone? I've found several threads showing them set at 1.75" and people asking if there is anything else needed like UCAs but no answers. Search function is a bit lacking, google helped a bit but no definitive answer.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has a 4x4 and he has a lil vibration now. He has his set at 1.75.

If you do the tsb it will add 1 to 1.5 rear lift.

If you leave it and set it at 1.75 you should be pretty level.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:30 AM   #4
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had my 5100s set at 1.75" and I've never had any problems. I had an alignment done at the same time and it's never been a problem. You usually don't need upgraded UCAs unless you're setting the 5100s at 2.5". Does that answer your questions?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #5

Army:
Also, after more reading, the 1.75" setting does not mean a precise 1.75" increase in lift? Or does it? My rear end is exactly 2" higher than the front and if the 1.75 results in a little more than that in lift, it will result in being nose high. Not my area of expertise, appreciate any helpful insight. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
I just did my 5100's at 1.75 and added the toytec 1.5" AAL. I got 2" of lift in the front and 2.5" in the back. I had 75k on my stock springs. The ride is still pretty firm but definately handles the bumps better. I can tell a difference in the tightness of the steering and can fill a little bit of "wandering" but it's not bad. 2.5" would probably be pretty bad though.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #7
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Since you have a reg cab you aren't covered for the TSB. If you want it level I would go with the 5100's set a .85 on eibach springs(can't remember the number) and the 1.5" AAL. I believe the reg cabs were getting about 2.2 - 2.5" of lift in the front on that setup. I am going to get new UCA's soon anyways. I think they will help no matter what the setup.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #8

Army:
Great answers bendbolden, thanks. Going to go w/ 1.75 on the 5100s and since the ARB bumper dropped the front end about 1/2" after install, this should be close. Thanks again.

Here is how the truck sits now.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Come and take them.

Nice ride man! One of those bumpers might be in my future.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
I am going with the 5100 set at 0 and eibach springs, it will give me 1.6" and not shorten the shocks travel. The OME springs would give you closer to the 1.75'' mark. Although that is for the DC.

I would think you would want a beefier spring with the heavy ARB in front.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same setup minus the ARB front bumper. I set mine at .85 and it is close to level. It seems 1.75" would be a little nose high in my situation, so I'm happy w/.85.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
you will not need UCAs. i got the 5100s on my truck a few weeks ago and have had no problems. love the way it looks.