Notices

Non-matching truck cap

Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Non-matching truck cap

So I'm thinking about picking up this truck cap, it's white, aluminum, with a rack. However my truck is blue, should I spray bomb it black? It was $150 so I couldn't pass it up.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
Sprayit and rockon
Old 10-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
That would probably be your best bet. Do something though cause it looks tacky when they are totally different colors but at least black can act universal.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just scuff it with a scotch brite pad, primer and paint it black.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
crashnrondo is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
crashnrondo's Tacoma Gallery
I would paint an aluminum cap or leave it, I have a pyrite mica truck with a black snugtop camper and I would like to paint it but it really doesn't look that bad.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
I have a black camper shell. I like it.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnrondo View Post
I would paint an aluminum cap or leave it, I have a pyrite mica truck with a black snugtop camper and I would like to paint it but it really doesn't look that bad.
dude post up a pic, I have the same color and was thinking about getting a black bestop.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
dude post up a pic, I have the same color and was thinking about getting a black bestop.
I'll get a picture in the daylight Tuesday and post it up
Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
it depends i think. i wish mine was a different color but all in all it doesnt look THAT bad. not like your putting a red cap on
X2 two colors look good, i mean all one color is awesome but like this truck right here it looks good and like he said its not like your going to put a red truck cap on, that would look YIKES! in fact the girl in this truck is looking at a white truck with a red cap on the back, look at her facial expression lol
Old 11-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Ya'll going to grab it tonight. I was more curious as to how you think the paint would hold up over time and any additional measures I could take to ensure the paint lasted. I abuse my truck so....
Old 11-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it black and mask off some racing stripes up the middle
Old 11-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #13
Here is the pic of my pyrite mica and black cap. I know, don't quite my day job...

Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
This is why you get a black truck. Don't have to paint anything.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #15
kimo will become famous soon enough

Name: Darin
kimo's Tacoma Gallery
Getting my gold snugtop painted next week to match my indigo blue truck, $400 for paint job, but I got a good deal on the shell off of CL.

< I personally dont like aluminum shells>
Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I had an Impulse Red DC SB w/ silver cap. The silver matched the wheels, nerf bars & sockmonkey bedside decals.
The OP got a good deal & can always spray paint it black. Great price & function. The pyrite looks great with black, I like it a lot!
Gotta say I have seen some pretty crazy cap/truck combos on the road where I live. Ones made of wood or not the right size so if the aluminum fits that is key for me.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery

Black truck, blue cap. Am either going to get it painted or LineXed. What do you all think?