Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any fellow survivalists utilize their truck?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #2481
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Helpful chart below:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/environ...arvesting.aspx

I agree that water will be the new oil, especially in States where cheap water is no longer available or getting scarce! I also agree that it falls from the sky and is everyone's "property." Therefore, it places someone in a difficult position potentially. It is why we have threads like this and concerns like we do.

For a State to regulate the "harvest" of rainwater is, in my opinion, ridiculous but governments seem to be in the business of ridiculous - NSA, IRS, gun grabbing and so many others.

I offer that only as information since my thought is that I will do "whatever it takes" to insure the safety and happiness of me, my family and those close to me.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #2482
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up in Bermuda. All we had was Rainwater and DeSalinized sea water.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #2483
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Makes me glad i live in pa.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #2484
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
One of my buddies that is a survival gadget junkie sent me one of these and it's actually kinda nice. I don't wear a survival bracelet thing so I slipped it on the wrist strap of my bow since my buddies still break my balls about the one time I got turned around on a blood trail through bottom land. When they see it I'm sure to get some more laughs.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #2486
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
My golf and modding addiction are really putting a hampering on my BOB/prepping. Finally got started though. Bought my backpack, e-tool, compass, life straw, knife, camelback blatter, and can openers. Pretty small start but it's a step in the right direction.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #2487
Son of MD
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
My golf and modding addiction are really putting a hampering on my BOB/prepping. Finally got started though. Bought my backpack, e-tool, compass, life straw, knife, camelback blatter, and can openers. Pretty small start but it's a step in the right direction.
^ Now that you're set for the course, what's going in your BOB?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #2488
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
^ Now that you're set for the course, what's going in your BOB?
Including the items I already mentioned: Glock 19 (which I don't currently own), paracord, lighter, flashlight, MRE or other longer life food, clothes.... Since I'm not an expert I was going to look at what others have already done for their BOB. I know there's some good info in this thread already (just have to go back and find it again).
Old 03-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #2489
Son of MD
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was joking.

Whatever you pack, consider the utility and weight. If it only serves one use, or is more a convenience than a necessity, you can probably find a better option. Every gram counts in the end, so keep that in mind, too.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #2490
Son of MD

Considering the crowd, all the grams saved on other gear can be devoted to ammo.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #2491
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Lol i think i go by.. Every item counts. The more the merrier.. Its why my truck is fully loaded w everything at all times. Then i can pick what i need depending on the situation, and walk away from or trade the rest. But yes.. If its down to a pack.. Then every gram definitly counts
I hear that - and for those that have seen my truck know that if "one is none, two is one and three's a spare," know that "even more is barely enough" is my motto!!....

Stay safe!!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #2492
FARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK
Name: Ryan
FARNORCAL's Tacoma Gallery
Survival Outfit

A list i put together ENJOY

TACOMA SURVIVAL OUTFIT
MOLLE POUCHES- USE TO OUTFIT and ORGANIZE
In The Cab
  • Safety / Recovery
    • Under Driver Seat- Toilet Paper, Wipes
    • Under Rear Seat Storage Bin Miscellaneous Parts Spark Plugs, Serpentine Belt, Various Fuses, Various lights, Duck Tape, Extra batteries, Tool bag, Hammer, Nails, Screws, Pry-bar, Machete, Jumper Cables, Gloves, First Aid Kit, CPR Barrier Mask
    • Rear Left Passenger Insect repellant, Oil, Brake Fluid, Fix a Flat, Steering Fluid, Funnel, Water Purifier, Shotgun shells, 40 cal ammo, Florescent Tube Light, Folding Saw, Hatchet, Folding Shovel, Air compressor
    • Rear Right Passenger 2 person tent
    • Glove Box a Head Lamp Led Light, Napkins, State Map, Chem lights, Pain Killers, Lighter
    • Center Console- Knife, Lighter, Pens, Flashlight, Chapstick, Gum
    • Driver Door- Buck Knife, Expandable Baton, Solar Powered Flashlight, Tire Key, Lug Wrench
In The Bed
  • Basicís
    • Ratchet Straps
    • Bungee Cord
    • Fire Extinguisher (2.5 lbs)
    • Shovel
  • Recovery
    • 2X Jerry Cans Treated With Stabilizer
    • Fluids- Coolant
    • Wood Blocks (3)
  • Recovery / Emergency Tote: Emergency Blanket, Jumper Cables, Battery Jump Starter, Tarp, Rope, Leather Gloves, Tow-Strap, Shackles, Rain Gear, Burner w/ Propane, Pot w/ Lid, 2X Rain Ponchos, 2X Camel back, 2X 5 Gal Water Containers, Fire Starter Cubes, Box of 300 Matches, Powdered Gatorade, Protien Powder,
  • Bug-Out Bag- Spare Clothes, First Aid Kit, LED Flashlights + Spare Batteries, Food, Headlamp, Silva Ranger Hi-Vis Compass, (2) Multi-Tools, (2) Knives, Zip-Loc Bags, Toiletries, Paracord, Survival/Safety Literature, BoonieHat, Watch Cap, Fishing Line w/ Small Tackle Box, Fire Starter Cubes, Lighter, Binoculars

Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #2493
yoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shedyoBr0ski is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
yoBr0ski's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 04-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #2495
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
some things you may want to consider:

an independent battery jump starter

on-board compressor

improved lock system for your truck

jerry cans

gps tracker for your truck
Old 04-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #2496
ScottInOKC is on a distinguished road

Army: 45th Infantry Brigade
Name: Scott
ScottInOKC's Tacoma Gallery
Any recommendations for 2 way radios?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #2497
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3H9V1EMGQSHX7

anyone else have a geigerrig? been thinking of getting this the bladder alone run $40
Old 04-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #2498

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottInOKC View Post
Any recommendations for 2 way radios?
Do you have a ham license? Are you going to get one? If not - your options are limited. I don't have one although would like to get one - just have to make it a priority.

So - if not - I like radios similar to these. Versatile, weather channel, fairly rugged....

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MS350...NXBJRS7BV6QN21

A good, stable and rugged radio that will fill a generic bill. You can add as many in the chain as you want - compatible with other manufacturers and I found a pair of rechargeable at Costco in a cool little bag for about $70. I have about 10 of these radios in different places - keep four in the truck and a pair in my trailer and others in BOB and such. The ones in the truck get used for convoy all the time with folks that don't have CB's -- I also have a CB in the truck and a portable for base camp use.

If you want to get fancy you can - if you are looking for radios for TEOTWAWKI or SHTF and want more tactical then look a little deeper...

http://emergencycommunicationsblog.c...tech-coolness/

These are cool radios (I have a pair) but are a little more complicated to program and you would not find others in the area that had them.

If you go ham - there are lots of places for information but this might help just to get started on basic comms.

http://graywolfsurvival.com/2716/ham...communication/

Simple, inexpensive (but not cheap) and easy to use are my benchmarks.

Stay safe & hope this helps!!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #2499
HandOfGod is on a distinguished road
HandOfGod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlook View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3H9V1EMGQSHX7

anyone else have a geigerrig? been thinking of getting this the bladder alone run $40
I have the bladder and put it in my Kelty bag for hiking. I got the bladder because you just put it inside out and run it in the top of the dishwasher to clean it. I was never gonna clean the bladder with a brush. I am lazy The pressurized part is pretty cool feature when sucking down water in the Arizona heat. No complaints.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #2500
z242pilot is on a distinguished road
Name: David
z242pilot's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently bought a geigerrig. I got the tactical bag. With insulated tube. Holder and i bought the virus filter. Pretty. Nifty kit though the insulated tube has an initial bitterness the filter helps the taste as a whole. Looking foreward to above zero temps so i can hike around better

Products Discussed in this Thread